Is Starrsoft.com no longer up? And if so is WIN97 available anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlmoon707

Premium Subscriber
Grabbed a pro-97 on ebay for a pretty good price and cant find win-97 anywhere. Starrsoft.com is down.

Im new to this community so i apologize if im super late to the party and this is a well known thing. Just looking for some help. Thanks folks.

-mike

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Grabbed a pro-97 on ebay for a pretty good price and cant find win-97 anywhere. Starrsoft.com is down.

Im new to this community so i apologize if im super late to the party and this is a well known thing. Just looking for some help. Thanks folks.

-mike

Best to go with the Butel software. Starrsoft appears to be completely defunct at this time. The situation has been on going for quite a while... The author of the Starrsoft programs has apparently abandoned his website, products, and customer support.

Check this link for the Butel software.

Last edited:

mlmoon707

Premium Subscriber
hmmm. bummer. i have the ARC XT software for my uniden bcd325p2, unfortunately it doesnt look like that supports the pro-97. Gonna have to fork out another $40 $30 for more software :(

thanks for your help FXD

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Been discussed since last October, site is up and down.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
discussed here as well..
still don't know if they got the key.... @johntodd

I'd stay away, very sad :rolleyes:

Gregg251

Premium Subscriber
I just starting running Starrsoft Win96 on my new Windows 10 machine. Luckily I have my (extended) user name and software key and it works when entered. However, I have to reenter the user name and key whenever I use the software. Doesn't save as it did on Windows 7. There is no problem running the program or saving the programming files.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just starting running Starrsoft Win96 on my new Windows 10 machine. Luckily I have my (extended) user name and software key and it works when entered. However, I have to reenter the user name and key whenever I use the software. Doesn't save as it did on Windows 7. There is no problem running the program or saving the programming files.

Try "run as administrator" and then enter the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.