Is the FLA Hwy Patrol monitorable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

I am a bit confised as to what type of system is in use by the FLA highway patrol. I looked in the database and there are VHF-Hi freqs, low band and a couple of trunked systems listed. I am planning a trip from the northen part of FLA to Naples and wanted to monitor the hwy patrol with my PRO-2096. Any help would be appreciated. And I do have my ham license.
Thanks in advance.

gccflscan

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
snjct2000 said:
I am a bit confised as to what type of system is in use by the FLA highway patrol. I looked in the database and there are VHF-Hi freqs, low band and a couple of trunked systems listed. I am planning a trip from the northen part of FLA to Naples and wanted to monitor the hwy patrol with my PRO-2096. Any help would be appreciated. And I do have my ham license.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry, the FHP, FWC, DOTMCC, and several other state and some local agencies are no longer monitorable as they are using the SLERS EDACS system which is:

1) 100% Encrypted
2) ProVoice
3) ESK on Control Channel

Sorry.

Nasby

Thanks for the info. Wow I sure am glad I don't live there full time. Not much fun to have a scanner in the Sunshine state!

dmh77yy

FHP still has access to mutual aid talk groups in every area of the state and during anything big like a chase or a disaster or a fire or big wreck on the interstate or something you can hear them talking to local agencies on some of the old 'state band' or 'sheriff's band freq's', especially in the more rural counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.