Is the frequency automatically displayed on a BCD996XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john98225

For a frequency to be displayed on the BCD996XT when the scanner is stopped on a channel, do you have to have named a group or a channel with the frequency, like I have to with my BR330T?

(On the BR330T, if you name a group 'FIRE' and a channel 'DISPATCH' - 'FIRE' & 'DISPATCH' alternately display when it's stopped there, while the System name stays displayed.)

Can someone confirm, please, that the BCD996XT automatically adds the frequency to the display (in the smaller readout) - and still shows the group & channel names in the larger readout?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
For a frequency to be displayed on the BCD996XT when the scanner is stopped on a channel, do you have to have named a group or a channel with the frequency, like I have to with my BR330T?

(On the BR330T, if you name a group 'FIRE' and a channel 'DISPATCH' - 'FIRE' & 'DISPATCH' alternately display when it's stopped there, while the System name stays displayed.)

Can someone confirm, please, that the BCD996XT automatically adds the frequency to the display (in the smaller readout) - and still shows the group & channel names in the larger readout?

For the XT series of scanner there are 3 display modes.

In a trunked radio system:
Press the Hold/Resume Key
tap the Func/scroll knob in once then press the 6 key to change display
modes.

In Display Mode 1, the scanner displays the TGID name on the second line
and the Voice-Channel frequency under the second line.

In Display mode 2, the scanner displays the TGID name on the second line
and TGID under the second line.

In Display mode 3, the scanner displays the TGID name on the second line
and trunking activity indicators under the second line.

In a conventional system Display mode 2 displays the frequency of the transmission.

john98225

Thanks, Keith. If I understand you correctly, in a conventional system, I can name the System, Group and Channel, each with different alpha characters, but the scanner will still display the frequency in display mode 2. Is that correct?

And if it is, do you (or does anyone) know if in mode 2 you CANNOT see one of the other three names (System, Group or Channel)?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Thanks, Keith. If I understand you correctly, in a conventional system, I can name the System, Group and Channel, each with different alpha characters, but the scanner will still display the frequency in display mode 2. Is that correct?

And if it is, do you (or does anyone) know if in mode 2 you CANNOT see one of the other three names (System, Group or Channel)?

The BCT15X has six lines in the scanner display LCD in normal Scanning mode

Line 1 Displays HOLD, Signal Strength & PRI
Line 2 DIsplays System/Group Names by switching back & forth
Line 3 Displays Channel or Talk Group Name
Line 4 Displays Frequency, TGID, Mode, CTCSS Code, Trunked Activity or Radio ID depending on the settings used with the display mode.
Line 5 Lists the Systems activity 1-99 in the scanner
Line 6 Displays the PL DOT HP BT and System groups list when those keys are pressed. You depress the Func/scroll knob to display Systems Groups 1 though 0 on line 6.

HTH,

Status
Not open for further replies.