• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Is the NMN6271A RSM Better than the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlahey

Premium Subscriber
I see a large number of public safety agencies choosing the dual mic/dual noise canceling NMN6271A RSM over the cheaper single mic/noise cancelling RSM's. Is the NMN6271A actually better than the rest? Or are the salesman doing a good job selling a more expensive RSM...

BlackSheepDue

I don't have any experience with the NMN6271A but I use the PMMN4106 and the audio quality is well worth the price in my opinion. Much clearer and significantly louder. It also has programable buttons, volume adjust, and a channel selector. I also think my transmissions are clearer in loud environments than a regular mic

redrock2002

Ok so dumb question probably...
These are for apx radios i know that. Can a XPR7550 interpret the extra mics ports? I work in an extremely loud industrial environment and I know the connector to the radio is the same but idk if the xpr codeplug can utilize the extra features these mics have for my use case scenario.

K2NEC

I will say I have noticed better audio with the mic, both transmitting and receiving, and it does better in loud noise environments.
Ok so dumb question probably...
These are for apx radios i know that. Can a XPR7550 interpret the extra mics ports? I work in an extremely loud industrial environment and I know the connector to the radio is the same but idk if the xpr codeplug can utilize the extra features these mics have for my use case scenario.
Yes the XPR does just fine with the mic, there are 2 versions of it however. The mic with the 3.5mm port on the connector is specifically made for the APX and will NOT fit the XPR series radios. Furthermore, the mic will only work properly on gen 2 radios (XPR7x50, etc.)

NVAGVUP

Feed Provider
When purchasing RSM's for our rural fire/EMS, I evaluated all models from the basic version to the XE. (They are connected to APX4000's)

The 6271 does not have 3.5 mm jack, which enables an IP68 rating for moisture. The audio performance was top notch under varied conditions. Additionally these folks are volunteers and they do not like the bulk of the XE model. (Especially the EMT's) This RSM has proven itself. Here is a pic of a ff during a blizzard/interstate pile up. You can see video of how bad it was and they had NO communications issues in those conditions.

Attachments

• Firefighter RSM.jpg
    Firefighter RSM.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 23

redrock2002

Yeah we would have to have the 3.5 jack for our earpieces. We use the 4050 noise canceling mics currently with a lot of success but some folks just can’t be bothered to tip the mic and talk into it so I was looking to see if these other ones with top mic ports would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.