Is the West Orange TRS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

res148cue said:
Public Safety Pool 800MHz are being rebanded to give Nextel the frequencies. In return Nextel is paying for it.

West Orange caught me by surprise. Fairfield might no be to far away.

Get ahead of the game for Fairfield, program 853.3625 in and when it switches you'll be ready. But, I see nothing new on fcc site for them, it may be a way off.

Last edited:

EAN840

Can anyone list the exact frequency needed to set up the trunking system in my scanner?
thank you in advance!!!!

bigray246

Re-banding.

Wow thats some cost! This includes the Port Authority trunked system for Newark & Kennedy airports, NJSP have a few freqs in that band on their 800 trunked system, So.Brunswick, Old Bridge, Middlesex cnty. sheriffs Dept. Union City, Hoboken, Irvington, Belleville, & Essex cnty. NJ all have to switch! And cram them all into the 850 t0 860 Mhz. band!

SCPD

QRT
EAN840 said:
Can anyone list the exact frequency needed to set up the trunking system in my scanner?
thank you in advance!!!!
852.0750 852.7250 853.3250 853.6625 these are the freqs that highpockets posted in this thread, they work i have them in my scanner. BTW they are in LCN

SCPD

QRT
bigray246 said:
Wow thats some cost! This includes the Port Authority trunked system for Newark & Kennedy airports, NJSP have a few freqs in that band on their 800 trunked system, So.Brunswick, Old Bridge, Middlesex cnty. sheriffs Dept. Union City, Hoboken, Irvington, Belleville, & Essex cnty. NJ all have to switch! And cram them all into the 850 t0 860 Mhz. band!

I posted a website link in this thread that explains everything about the rebanding.

Analogrules

Lakekid is correct. Those four frequencies, that he was kind enough to list in the thread, seem to be the only ones West Orange is using right now in their EDACS system. The other 860 MHz band frequencies seem to be quiet as of last night. However, their new system is quite scratchy/weak from eastern Union County.

SCPD

QRT
N2ZGE said:
Lakekid is correct. Those four frequencies, that he was kind enough to list in the thread, seem to be the only ones West Orange is using right now in their EDACS system. The other 860 MHz band frequencies seem to be quiet as of last night. However, their new system is quite scratchy/weak from eastern Union County.
i am picking it up fine, well i shouldn't talk considering im right next door to WO, maybe the towers power was reduced or something along the lines of that.

SCPD

QRT
They had radio repair at HQ a few weeks ago. It is much better now. The officers we're complaining that some of their radio's we're not transmitting. I believe it had something to do with the site controller.

xpawel15x

I'm picking it up okay with a rs 800 ducky in Bergen County. I've got a unidendified tg 2046. It's pretty active and is not in the database. Sounds like another EMS channel.

SCPD

QRT
xpawel15x said:
I'm picking it up okay with a rs 800 ducky in Bergen County. I've got a unidendified tg 2046. It's pretty active and is not in the database. Sounds like another EMS channel.
interesting, i monitored WO almost all day and even had the log working, picked up WO fine but without EMS tg you mentioned, i even heard some WOFAS comms, but didnot hit a tg, was it just a regular EMS call or an accident, maybe its a special event channel or something

xpawel15x

lakekid313 said:
interesting, i monitored WO almost all day and even had the log working, picked up WO fine but without EMS tg you mentioned, i even heard some WOFAS comms, but didnot hit a tg, was it just a regular EMS call or an accident, maybe its a special event channel or something

Just regular EMS calls...hmm I'll pay attention more to this tg next time I hear it and I'll give you more info.

What does WOFAS stand for?

W2SJW

Database Admin
You really got me on that one, 'cause I've been out of the business since 1999!

Maybe something to do with decapitation??? :lol:

SCPD

QRT
W2SJW said:
You really got me on that one, 'cause I've been out of the business since 1999!
Maybe something to do with decapitation??? :lol:

Google it. At least you we're honest in not knowing.

W2SJW

Database Admin
res148cue said:
Google it. At least you we're honest in not knowing.

Deformity, Contusion, Abrasion, Puncture/Penetrating Injury, Burns, Tenderness, Laceration & Swelling...

SCPD

QRT
ok i monitored WO for the last 24 hours and i found these new talkgroups.
ID 02-022 found during a WOFAS call
ID 15-156 found in the middle of WOFD comms
ID 12-021 just randomly popped up nothing was said considering it lasted a second.
15-156 seems like the most active TG i found i was not listening to WO while i found these so i cannot confirm agency use at this time

W2SJW

Database Admin
15-156 is usually the highest-possible TGID in an EDACS system, and is used for 'patches' everywhere else I've seen it...

LeighAnnZ

BC898T and West Orange EDACS

I recently purchased a new Uniden scanner and had it programmed to pick up WO EDACS and so far no luck... I am picking up the state police, county police and other municipalities but NOTHING for West Orange (and yes, I have the new frequencies for WO programmed).

Can anyone give me a clue as to what the heck is wrong here?

Status
Not open for further replies.