Is the West Orange TRS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrfyter10

I usually listen to the WO TRS on the way home but today I got nothing on the scanner. I passed by the tower and the was no activity at all. I am not even catching a weak signal. anybody else having the same issue?
Andrew

misterrick

About a week ago I spoke to the West Orange Police, apparently they are in the process of switching frequencies, the trunked system will remain the same, the only change will be the frequencies because apparently they are being required to by the FCC and please don't ask me what the new frequencies are because they wouldn't give them to me so I don't know.

SCPD

QRT
misterrick said:
About a week ago I spoke to the West Orange Police, apparently they are in the process of switching frequencies, the trunked system will remain the same, the only change will be the frequencies because apparently they are being required to by the FCC and please don't ask me what the new frequencies are because they wouldn't give them to me so I don't know.

It has to do with the rebanding Nextel is paying for.

fyrfyter10

OK . I just changed them and they appear to be working . I will check later as I receive them better on the way home .

Analogrules

Ok, I'm confused. According to the RR database (last updated Dec. 2006), West Orange's output frequencies were 867.075, 867.725, 868.325, and 868.6625. However, according to the link Rescue left on this message board, those same frequencies among a few others are still listed. What exact frequencies were actually changed? What are the EXACT output frequencies for the supposed new TRUNKED system? A listing of the new output frequencies will be very helpful on here, without the links. Thanks!

Highpockets

N2ZGE said:
Ok, I'm confused. According to the RR database (last updated Dec. 2006), West Orange's output frequencies were 867.075, 867.725, 868.325, and 868.6625. However, according to the link Rescue left on this message board, those same frequencies among a few others are still listed. What exact frequencies were actually changed? What are the EXACT output frequencies for the supposed new TRUNKED system? A listing of the new output frequencies will be very helpful on here, without the links. Thanks!

Try:

852.0750 852.7250 853.3250 853.6625

Analogrules

Thanks Steve, so I'm assuming the 867/868 MHz frequencies are the ones NOT being used anymore, despite the link posted before?

Highpockets

N2ZGE said:
Thanks Steve, so I'm assuming the 867/868 MHz frequencies are the ones NOT being used anymore, despite the link posted before?

One of the guys up above said he checked the new freqs and will post tonight if everything is working ok, if so the old freqs will not be used anymore, I'm sure they are the ones he tried, we'll see. They are listed in the fcc site.

Highpockets

lakekid313 said:
just the freqs got changed or did the TG's get changed also. my town borders WO, so this big for me.

I believe just the freqs, I live in Toms River, only monitor when I go north. One of the guys up above said he'll check it out tonight, if you monitor it, maybe you can listen and let us all know also.

SCPD

QRT
ok as of 1635 the WO trunked system is working fine, im listing to WOPD now with no probs TG seem to have stayed the same. so now we can celebrate :)

SCPD

QRT
N2ZGE said:

What's the problem? It's not surgery people. If they changed frequencies why would they still be using the old ones? Look for the new frequencies.

A clue is the #of units and output power. If the # of units is a high number usually 50 or more and the power is relatively low, it's car and portable radios. If the #of units is low, like 1 and the output power is high 50W or more (usually more) it's a repeater.

bigray246

What is going on?

I thought Nextel was told by the FCC the had to get off the 800 Mhz. band so as not to interfere with the public safety band, not the other way around!????

SCPD

QRT
bigray246 said:
I thought Nextel was told by the FCC the had to get off the 800 Mhz. band so as not to interfere with the public safety band, not the other way around!????

Public Safety Pool 800MHz are being rebanded to give Nextel the frequencies. In return Nextel is paying for it.

West Orange caught me by surprise. Fairfield might no be to far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.