Is the what racing really sounds like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
It is what it is. When listening to the drivers talk to there pit crews and spotters you're gonna hear everything.

I'd rather listen to race comms than the broadcast.

Anytime you go to a race always make sure ya got a scanner. That's where you hear all the inside stuff.

That was a great video. [emoji14]

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Yes, that is how they talk at times (adrenalin induced). Not all the time but you will occasionally hear traffic like this.

I'm surprised they don't loose their licenses with all the kids listening at the track and on their website. I have heard car-to-car comms between team members.

Last edited:

Bhawk27

Premium Subscriber
It’s not very common, but on a couple occasions in the past I’ve heard a team or two read waiver statements over the radio right before the race, essentially stating that by listening to their comms you accept the content of what you may hear. I’ve been attending races for 25-30 years, and I can’t imagine not having the scanner. Adds a deeper understanding of what’s happening on the track and behind the scenes during the race.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It’s not very common, but on a couple occasions in the past I’ve heard a team or two read waiver statements over the radio right before the race, essentially stating that by listening to their comms you accept the content of what you may hear. I’ve been attending races for 25-30 years, and I can’t imagine not having the scanner. Adds a deeper understanding of what’s happening on the track and behind the scenes during the race.
They can read all the waivers they want but they are still in violation of FCC regulations.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
They can read all the waivers they want but they are still in violation of FCC regulations.
And by the looks of it. The FCC clearly don't care and quite frankly neither do we when we listen at the races. It is what it is. Who cares. Don't like the way race car drivers talk in the heat of the moment then don't listen. Simple as that.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
It is what it is. When listening to the drivers talk to there pit crews and spotters you're gonna hear everything.

I'd rather listen to race comms than the broadcast.

Anytime you go to a race always make sure ya got a scanner. That's where you hear all the inside stuff.

Oh, yeah! If you want the real heat of racing, scanner action is where to get it!

I seem to recall that NASCAR put a rule into place years ago banning encryption of pit-car-spotter radio comms; NASCAR wants the fans to be able to listen to it.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Oh, yeah! If you want the real heat of racing, scanner action is where to get it!

I seem to recall that NASCAR put a rule into place years ago banning encryption of pit-car-spotter radio comms; NASCAR wants the fans to be able to listen to it.

I think it’s more like they don’t want the teams cheating in some manner using radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.