Is the x36 Processor Overtaxed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewey

I don't know about the 536 (don't have one yet), but has anyone else noticed a sometimes delayed response when pressing the 436 keys during scanning? In my very limited attempts to identify what's happening through reproduction, I have found it noticeable when scanning, more noticeable when scanning trunked systems, and most noticeable when scanning TDMA trunked systems.

Based on my very limited knowledge, it would appear to me that the busier the 436, the longer it takes to recognize when a key is being pressed... similar to an overworking computer processor when there is a lag between pressing a key, and having the key pressed actually appear on the screen. So far, this is not just limited to the keypad, but can be seen even when pressing the multi-function volume knob. As always, I reserve the right to be wrong, but it just seems like the 436's processor may be a little taxed when being asked to do the many marvelous things that it can do.

mancow

Database Admin
I don't have any TDMA sites to scan but plenty of phase 1 and analog systems. I don't notice any lag in button response at all. It does seem as if the DAT lingers a bit after it has left an active site but that's all I have noticed.

W2SJW

Database Admin
You are not losing your mind - my 436 does it when scanning large systems like the NJSP (mix-mode) & the NJICS (700MHz Phase-I & II). I sometimes wonder if I'm not pressing the buttons hard enough, but now I realize that's not the issue...

XTS3000

You are not losing your mind - my 436 does it when scanning large systems like the NJSP (mix-mode) & the NJICS (700MHz Phase-I & II). I sometimes wonder if I'm not pressing the buttons hard enough, but now I realize that's not the issue...

I've noticed the exact same issue while scanning large TRS's. Not a deal breaker, but noticeable.

At worst, I guesstimate the delay at 3/4 of a second.

troymail

Silent Key
I initially thought I was just not hitting the buttons squarely but then realized the radio/CPU? was probably just "busy" and no responding to my key presses. I think I've seen this on other radios in the past. It can be a little frustrating but I have other a few other issues higher on my list of concerns.

jeffrogerson

I don't know about the 536 (don't have one yet), but has anyone else noticed a sometimes delayed response when pressing the 436 keys during scanning? In my very limited attempts to identify what's happening through reproduction, I have found it noticeable when scanning, more noticeable when scanning trunked systems, and most noticeable when scanning TDMA trunked systems.

Based on my very limited knowledge, it would appear to me that the busier the 436, the longer it takes to recognize when a key is being pressed... similar to an overworking computer processor when there is a lag between pressing a key, and having the key pressed actually appear on the screen. So far, this is not just limited to the keypad, but can be seen even when pressing the multi-function volume knob. As always, I reserve the right to be wrong, but it just seems like the 436's processor may be a little taxed when being asked to do the many marvelous things that it can do.

This happened to me today. After pressing HOLD, I would have to wait nearly 3 seconds before anything actually happened. It was severely lagging. I turned the scanner (536) off and noted it took exceptionally long to write to the SD card. After turning it back on I noted the problem to have corrected itself. Seems the internal memory got jammed up or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.