Is There A Better ProScan Manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Understood. I believe this happens in a few other spots as well, such as the History Logging and Recorder .mp3 file list.

Here is another attempt at the video on a different website:

https://streamable.com/qwk0d .

That's by design and it's also the default action of the grid. The 1st click is the option gets the focus, 2nd click choose the value, and 3rd click sets the option. If it was all done on 1st click, I'm sure the complaints would be rolling in "why is it changing by itself".

CanesFan95

Well, each time, all 3 clicks are just to get the list of options to open, before being able to actually choose the value and set the option. But OK, fair enough. This is not a complaint, just an observation. Thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Well, each time, all 3 clicks are just to get the list of options to open, before being able to actually choose the value and set the option. But OK, fair enough. This is not a complaint, just an observation. Thanks.

I didn't see that in the video. My test is 3 clicks to change an option in the grid.

CanesFan95

It's a little hard to hear in the video, but you can hear 3 mouse clicks while hovered over the arrow just to get the list to open.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes, it's my Windows settings, basically my fault by choice. The name of the settings is simply called "Window" in the drop-down list. I have the background set to black, but the text set to blue. So if I have the text set to blue, should ProScan show the text as blue instead of black?

I looked at the black on black problem on the History Logging grid. What I found is the grids are using the default Windows system colors. The grid BackColor is set to "Window" and the ForeColor is set to "ButtonText"

I think the Microsoft grid designer should of used ForeColor = "WindowsText" and not "ButtonText". I can change the ForeColor to use "WindowsText" and not "ButtonText" but not going to as it may work for you but potentially break it for everyone else.

I would go into RegEdit - > HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control Panel -> Colors. Look at "Window" and "ButtonText". The Theme you are using is probably setting both to RGB 000 (black).

{edit} I'm not using Win 7 so not sure if you have a setting called "ButtonText". If you do, can you change it to color Blue. An alternative is change the "ButtonText" in RegEdit, setting it to 0 127 255

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It's a little hard to hear in the video, but you can hear 3 mouse clicks while hovered over the arrow just to get the list to open.

I looked at your video again. You're clicking too fast. Win OS thinks the first 2 clicks are a double click and not a single click. The grid drop downs are not setup to handle double clicks.

Click one time and the combo box will drop down. Click again to choose the option.

CanesFan95

It looks like the first click just selects the field but does not open the drop-down. A second click (with patience) then opens it. Again, not a complaint and am happy with the software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It looks like the first click just selects the field but does not open the drop-down. A second click (with patience) then opens it. Again, not a complaint and am happy with the software.

I still don't get the observation. It only happens on your computer. The video makes the clicks appear to be in rapid succession like a machine gun. Click normally and see if it will work.

You may also want to go to the Control Panel - Mouse and check the mouse setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.