Alinco: Is there a CCR version of the Alinco DR-06T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
There appear to be Chinese knockoffs of most of Alincos offerings (well, maybe not actually knockoffs - maybe Alinco was just private-labeling CCRs?). What about 6m mobiles? There don't seem to be any 6m monoband radios at the usual haunts like Amazon or fleabay, and from what I understand Alinco is no longer marketing the 10m, 6m, and 1.25m monoband radios.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
You're going to have a hard time finding a 6M mobile mono band radio. If you want 6M SSB in a mobile monobander, pretty much fuhgeddaboutit. You can get multiple band FM only that include 6M, e.g. the quad-band TYT-TH9800 which is same specs as a Yaesu TH-8900.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I bought one of the last DR-06Ts from Ham Radio Outlet a few months ago. Not to brag...ok, to brag a little...I have an Alinco 5-pack: DR-03T, DR-06T, DR-135T, DR-235T, and DR-435T. I need to work out a microphone switch box so I can use one mic with one of five radios.

At this point, searching the used market is probably going to be the only way to find a DR-06T. You can contact Remtronix to see if they really have any DR-06Ts in stock and will sell to you directly, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

ur20v

Well, I already have a TYT dual band Yaesu knockoff, and it's not terrible. But a quad band is going to cost me 3x as much as the radio in duplexers. I'll drop Remtronix a line and see what they have.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
The TYT-TH9800 is a quad-band radio and the duplexers are built-in. The entire radio runs less than $250 in most places. You'll need a special antenna if you plan to use it mobile on all 4 bands.... but they're readily available. I ran a TH9800 in my mobile for several years and sold it when it became apparent the 6M / 10M FM bands were pretty quiet except during rare band openings. I was even in the footprint of a couple 6M FM repeaters most of the time but all I heard was crickets unless I set up a sked with another station. I sold everything and "upgraded" to a Connect Systems CS-800D.

ur20v

The TYT-TH9800 is a quad-band radio and the duplexers are built-in. The entire radio runs less than $250 in most places. You'll need a special antenna if you plan to use it mobile on all 4 bands...

Yep, I've seen those goofy antennas, no thanks. That's why I'd need to spend so much more on duplexers and run real antennas. A single SO-239 ain't gonna cut it for that kind of spread. Just my preference, anyway.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
For anyone else that reads this thread, one could simply use that quad band radio just for six meters with a six meter antenna. A duplexer and or a diplexer are not needed…whether using that quad band radio for one or all of the bands it offers. As always, a suitable ground plane is key.

I use a six meter Lakeview Hamstick and it works well. I also use a multiband antenna that has an SO-239 mount and it also works. No duplexers are harmed when I do this.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I use my TYT TH-9800 as a portable base for 2M/70Cm. I've programmed a couple of 6M/10M frequencies to monitor for band openings, but I've never transmitted on them with this radio and the antenna I use is for 2M/70Cm only. I'm happy with the radio and find it a good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.