DSDPlus Is there a DSD Fast Lane version for Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n7dmr

I know there is a regular version for DSD on linux. Is there a Fast Lane version for Linux?

cg

Premium Subscriber
DSD is different than DSDPlus. Pretty sure there is no native DSDPlus for Linux, those who make it work use WINE.

chris

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
I successfully run DSD+ from Linux (Mint 19.3 Mate) using a small shell script to call the executable, which then runs in Wine.

n7dmr

I successfully run DSD+ from Linux (Mint 19.3 Mate) using a small shell script to call the executable, which then runs in Wine.
Could you share the scripts? I was hoping to run it on Raspberry Pi. Wine on Raspberry Pi maybe challenging.

g6fgy

Premium Subscriber
Create a folder in your Home directory (eg-dsdplusfl or whatever you want to name it) and copy all the relevant DSD+ files to that folder.

Also within that folder copy the bash script below again giving it a suitable name (I call mine "run-dsd+" as that's what it does)

#!/bin/bash
cd $WINEPREFIX/home/owner/YourDSDplusFolderName
wine DSDPlus.EXE -rp -O NUL

To run it from the desktop, create a desktop launcher to call the bash script in a terminal and that, all being well, should set the wheels in motion. Adjust the DSD+ parameters to suit your requirements if you need to. Also you'll probably need to play around with PulseAudio settings to pick up the relevant audio feed.

The only issue I've found, is that it fails the update check - something about a tcp error - but I get around that by getting updates from a Windows version once I see them announced on this forum.

Hope this helps.

PS: I've not tried it on a Pi myself, but as you say, it could be challenging - good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.