Is there a military base here in MI.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNNM376

what talk groups are you hearing them on ? i bet its range control from Camp Grayling Michigan Air Nat'l Guard......

tutakt

I have also heard the Ft Custer range several times. There are 4 military ranges in Michigan, Selfridge, Ft Custer, Phelps Collins in Alpena and Grayling. A guess based on the 1000 troops comment would probably be Ft Custer. The talk group is the key to the location.

seamusg

Nordland said:
Im in Albion...I just programmed in the APS on 868.92500....but the scanner is just a buzz with the guys at a firing range...training soldiers?
868.925 is the control channel for site 114 on MPSCS. If you program your scanner for this site, you should see talkgroups. In the MPSCS database there is a whole set of them for National Guard.

Nine29

They will be running some drills on Lake St. Clair. From the Detroit Free Press today:

"People traveling near Lake St. Clair may notice a lot of commotion Wednesday.

The Michigan Air National Guard, U.S. Coast Guard, Macomb County Sheriff's Office and Harrison Township Fire Department will take part in an exercise to simulate what would happen if an F16 from Selfridge Air National Guard base crashed into the lake.

The activity, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., is designed to give first responders training to deal with possible crash scenarios."

Nordland

Swenassoc said:
They will be running some drills on Lake St. Clair. From the Detroit Free Press today:

"People traveling near Lake St. Clair may notice a lot of commotion Wednesday.

The Michigan Air National Guard, U.S. Coast Guard, Macomb County Sheriff's Office and Harrison Township Fire Department will take part in an exercise to simulate what would happen if an F16 from Selfridge Air National Guard base crashed into the lake.

The activity, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., is designed to give first responders training to deal with possible crash scenarios."

Thanks for the info...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.