Is there a phase 2 version of the BCD 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5pqv

Premium Subscriber
I must be totally confused but I thought the BCD 536 hp had been upgraded so that you could have different colors on your screen is this true are do I have to go to the SDS 200 to get different colored screens

kd5pqv

Premium Subscriber
Thank everyone for your reply time I bought the scanner and bought all the accessories I want the scanner would cost over 1000.00 for the SDS200

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
In response to the original question "Is there a Phase 2 version of the 536"… the 536 IS a Phase 2 scanner.
Very true. I suspect what the OP was asking is if there was a newer version of the BCD536HP that had a color screen. If so the answer is no. The
SDS200 has a color screen and operates very similar to the 536 but is a whole new receiver design, not simply an upgraded "color" version of the 536.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Thank everyone for your reply time I bought the scanner and bought all the accessories I want the scanner would cost over 1000.00 for the SDS200
How do you figure that? The scanner itself is $700, and the DMR and NXDN keys (which cost the same for the 536) are another $120. Even if you get a GPS for mobile scanning (which costs the same for the 536), you're still under $900.

DJ11DLN

Unless it goes to Canada 🇨🇦 then you add tariffs
But the OP is in Texas so that is not a factor
Or he bought it through a seller with a bigger than normal markup. I've seen them listed for some pretty fancy prices here and there, not at any of the sellers regularly recommended here though.

He also could have spent a lot on accessories; just what these are he hasn't yet defined. This is like any hobby, how much it costs is largely up to the individual.

DJ11DLN

Tell me about it running over 20 scanners at home
16 rack and 4 rack
You're well ahead of me but I've definitely got too many. Latest acquisition is a very minty G5 purchased from a member here in a private transaction, I'm hoping that once I get it figured out and going it may let me divest myself at least of some of the HH ones.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Early 536's and 436's had display issues resulting in dim displays as well as a bad internal memory battery that would cause the date/time settings to be lost. These issues were fixed in later production runs and existing radios would be repaired by Uniden. The repair program is still available. A couple months ago I acquired a pair of early run 536's that had dim displays and would not keep the date/time. I arranged the repair and a couple days later got the return label from Uniden. Two weeks later the radios were returned to me and they look and work great.

As for a color upgrade, there never was one. The SDS200 is of course the successor to the 536 with very similar specs and operation.

kd5pqv

Premium Subscriber
Early 536's and 436's had display issues resulting in dim displays as well as a bad internal memory battery that would cause the date/time settings to be lost. These issues were fixed in later production runs and existing radios would be repaired by Uniden. The repair program is still available. A couple months ago I acquired a pair of early run 536's that had dim displays and would not keep the date/time. I arranged the repair and a couple days later got the return label from Uniden. Two weeks later the radios were returned to me and they look and work great.

As for a color upgrade, there never was one. The SDS200 is of course the successor to the 536 with very similar specs and operation.
Thank you Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.