Is there a problem with the PSR-700/800 Library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
I've been trying since the beginning of this week to download a new update for both my 700s and 800s and cannot seem to be able to get it done. I keep getting the notice: "Update Failed There was an error getting the library version from the Internet.".

I did have to reload the software for both scanners because I had my machine "take a dive" on me a couple weeks ago but, then I was able to pick up a couple libraries between then and now.

jackj

My last library update was last Saturday and it went off without a hitch. I've only had 1, maybe 2, problems with library updates. You might check you ISP's trouble logs or call their help line, it sounds like a problem with your link to the update site.

Halfpint

Hmmmmmm... Just a thought but, I might have a EZScanDG.ini and a EZscan.ini file problem? Would it be possible for a PSR-700 and a PSR-800 user to post a copy of their .ini file? I've recently had some .ini file problems with a couple 3-4 other programs, which fortunately I already pretty much knew what they were supposed to contain, and I'm wondering if this isn't the same type of problem. {GRIMACE!} (They can be found where all your `data' files are stored if you haven't looked for them before.)

mikey60

If you're not using a proxy (most people don't), make sure that feature is turned off. If you are using a proxy, make sure it's set up correctly.

It's more likely to be a connectivity issue, either Windows firewall is blocking the program from accessing the Internet or something else beyond your computer is doing that.

Mike

Halfpint

If you're not using a proxy (most people don't), make sure that feature is turned off. If you are using a proxy, make sure it's set up correctly.

It's more likely to be a connectivity issue, either Windows firewall is blocking the program from accessing the Internet or something else beyond your computer is doing that.

Mike

Well... I spent several hours chasing all over the various "Customer Supports" that seemed like they might do some good for me. Lo and behold, while I really don't know just which one it was, it appears that I can now get my updates *and* also my `imports' from RR! (Everything on *this* is exactly the way it was when I started. I didn't `twiddle' even one tiny `bit'!) While I haven't yet heard, and I am *not* going to `hold my breath' waiting, back from any of them suddenly everything is working `tickety boo'.

Wheeeeew!

mobile01

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been able to update my library in almost a month now. I have reinstalled the software on 2 computers and nothing. HELP!!

mobile01

Premium Subscriber
There is nothing wrong with the database import, it is your computer. See post #5 above.

That is what I thought. I turned firewalls off on both computers, tried using primary ISP and Verizon hotspot. NOTHING! Just looking for direction. One response even suggested it fixed itself.

troymail

Silent Key
That is what I thought. I turned firewalls off on both computers, tried using primary ISP and Verizon hotspot. NOTHING! Just looking for direction. One response even suggested it fixed itself.

Did it ever work for you? If so, when was the last time it worked (which version of the library do you have)? What has changed in your Internet connection or PC since the last time it worked?

What are the symptoms (other than it doesn't work)?

Are you getting any errors?

mobile01

Premium Subscriber
I haven't gotten it to work yet. Because I reinstalled the software I am at version 171. When I attempt to update the library, I get this:
"The frequency library database update has failed. Please retry the update again."
Nothing has changed on my PCs other than reinstalling the software. (ver 1.08). Everything else seems to work fine. No glitches, no hiccups, nothing. I just can not get this to update. Driving me crazy not being able to figure it out. Last updated about a month ago. I do an update every Saturday when it becomes available.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I haven't gotten it to work yet. Because I reinstalled the software I am at version 171. When I attempt to update the library, I get this:
"The frequency library database update has failed. Please retry the update again."
Nothing has changed on my PCs other than reinstalling the software. (ver 1.08). Everything else seems to work fine. No glitches, no hiccups, nothing. I just can not get this to update. Driving me crazy not being able to figure it out. Last updated about a month ago. I do an update every Saturday when it becomes available.

Why did you have to re-install the software?

mobile01

Premium Subscriber
I reinstalled in an attempt to fix the problem of not being able to update.

tomdangelica

I realize you posted this a couple months ago, but I have the exact same issue. did it ever work itself out? and was it in the database or your computer?

jackj

The problem was fixed a couple of months ago. However it is down again, or at least it was last night. Don't know what the problem is but the update site has been down for a couple of days now.

captncarp

PSR-700/800 Library

Yesterday I updated my SD card for my PSR-700 in a old Acer laptop with no problems. I have never had a problem updating SD cards by putting them in my laptop.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Yesterday I updated my SD card for my PSR-700 in a old Acer laptop with no problems. I have never had a problem updating SD cards by putting them in my laptop.

I'm not sure if that's what this thread is about. The topic is updating the library in your PC, not being able to/unable to write to the SD card.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Library Update problems....again?

I have tried daily from 2 different computers in 2 different locations, to get the library update for my PSR800. I am currently at 367.
I keep getting this error message from the EZ Scan software:

There was an error getting the current version information from the update site.
The error message received was:

Socket Error # 11002

Is anyone else having similar problems?

JK :(

Status
Not open for further replies.