Is there a problem with the PSR-700/800 Library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

I guess I've always just updated my radio databases on Monday, regardless of the make. Didn't know Whistler/GRE were Saturday.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP1/HP2/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800 +

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
I have the pro668 and the software gives an error when trying to download. If I could just down the RRDB 406 files I could put the folder in the correct location manually.

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
I shouldnt have to have the scanner connected to download a library update to the software should I? I downloaded the ez scan software figuring if I could get the RRDB 406 files to down load I could just copy and paste them over to iscan folder. I get the exact same error with the ez scan software that I get with iscan software. I don't think having the scanner connected makes a difference because I am trying to update the database on my PC not on the scanner

troymail

Silent Key
No... The scanner doesn't need to be connected to download. However, the fact that you can't download the updates with EZ Scan either suggests a network issue on yoit PC or network...or as others suggested your firewall software is blocking the connection

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
Ok got it working. Here is what I did. Loaded software on another PC and did update on it. Then copied DB folder and replaced the one on my main PC and on the card in the PRO668. It now shows correct version number. I am beginnning to think like several have suggested. It my be my anti virus or firewall settings. I will try again after the next update to the RRDB comes out. Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions. At least in the future I now have an aux PC to try also.

Status
Not open for further replies.