Is there a way to resensitize a scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall517

I've picked up a Pro-136 that I've been letting my friend use for about two years, here recently he said all it does is pick up FM anymore. He's been listening to a real close local station transmitter, upon scanning across the FM band, I heard it (imaging?) all the way through the band, the same station that is. I think it's overloaded+desensitized, judging on the fact that I cannot hear NOAA or our fire/law freqs. It probably doesn't help that he used the old telescoping bunny ears for a home theater radio...

Would there be a way to resensitize this scanner?

kma371

QRT
I've picked up a Pro-136 that I've been letting my friend use for about two years, here recently he said all it does is pick up FM anymore. He's been listening to a real close local station transmitter, upon scanning across the FM band, I heard it (imaging?) all the way through the band, the same station that is. I think it's overloaded+desensitized, judging on the fact that I cannot hear NOAA or our fire/law freqs. It probably doesn't help that he used the old telescoping bunny ears for a home theater radio...

Would there be a way to resensitize this scanner?

No. You would need to get it serviced.

Status
Not open for further replies.