Is there a way to search for Talkgroup IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmanmi

Is there a way to search for Talkgroup IDs by ID number? I would like to enter a number and have it return the description. When I listen to wildcard they talk and I see the number but have no idea who it is. I would like a page I could just enter the number on my cell phone. If I'm at home I can search the webpage but not when I'm away.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd suggest doing a download of the desired systems as a CSV spreadsheet.

For example, if Michigan state system, https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100&tab=reports and click on Download CSV file of all talkgroups.

Then locate that downloaded file on your computer an open with excel or other spreadsheet editor. You can then sort by talkgroup ID numbers to locate with the discovered TGID relates to. (Assuming it has been reported to the RR database).

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Most phones have a search option much like the PC does. You click on the browser menu option and look for "Find in/on page".

There is also an option to sort all the talkgroups on the system in ascending order. If you look right above the very first talkgroup and below the System Talkgroups header, you'll see an option to "List All in one table". Then it's easy to manually search through the list for the talkgroup ID.

ScannerSK

Is there a way to search for Talkgroup IDs by ID number? I would like to enter a number and have it return the description. When I listen to wildcard they talk and I see the number but have no idea who it is. I would like a page I could just enter the number on my cell phone. If I'm at home I can search the webpage but not when I'm away.

If you have a GRE scanner you can search for a talkgroup ID anywhere in the working memory of the scanner using the "FIND" feature built into the scanner. I'm not sure which scanner you are referring to?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Is there a way to search for Talkgroup IDs by ID number? I would like to enter a number and have it return the description.

The most obvious solution is to program the talkgroup into the scanner, and then the scanner will automatically look up the description for the TGID. If you don't have it programmed, then even if you could enter a TGID in the scanner, you wouldn't find anything. So I don't see any point in what you're asking for.

If you're referring to to the RR database, if you navigate to the system page, CTRL-F in most browsers will activate a Find function that will jump to the talkgroup if you search for its ID. Phone browsers have a menu option for that.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
He has a Uniden, if not mistaken a 325P2, I programmed it. The quick key that is setup for which he/you is using is #8 as that is setup for ID Search.
Yes as others mention as I do just do a FIND a CTRL-F in your browser or a FIND option on say a phone while looking at https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100
After awhile you'll be able to pickup on any unusuals especially those that are 5 digits long, where the newer ones seem to appear.
The other thing is you can turn on the UNIT ID function and displays the radio number being used. The second and third digits show what county it belongs to.
Unit ID turn on or off
Michigan Counties - The RadioReference Wiki

If you find one we don't have you can message here with any info including the Unit ID.
https://forums.radioreference.com/m...rum/364170-mpscs-sites-talkgroups-2018-a.html

Side note the norther half of MI we don't get as much info so anything you have !

ScannerSK

I figured this out on an Iphone. I had to click on Forward and then scroll the horizontally (hidden). I have a PSR600.

At times, my friend receives transmissions from an unknown talkgroup which I have already identified and locked out. It's helpful in this circumstance to locate the talkgroup by ID in the actual scanner and provide him the details.

The other time I search by ID is when a change must be made to a specific talkgroup and I'm lazy and don't feel like scrolling through hundreds of talkgroups stored in a non-important scan list. It's nice on the PSR600 at times just to enter the serach criteria, sit back and let the scanner do the searching.

Shawn

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I figured this out on an Iphone. I had to click on Forward and then scroll the horizontally (hidden). I have a PSR600.

Oh that's right muhahaha
Well scanlist 8 is setup for wildcard. I have been told those family of radio models rs/gre/whistler don't do well on identifying the ID, might be several seconds I'm told.

For as the radio Id's see https://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/145410-no-radio-ids-showing.html

https://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/133160-pro-106-radio-ids.html#post992668

Its under the Experts setting -
Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Last edited:

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
I just started with DMR on my Uniden 536HP and I found many DMR in my area. They are all from Worcester County Massachusetts. I found 6 TGID numbers not listed on the sentenel while doing a trunk search. How can I get information on ID# 156, 159, 199, 323, 363, 562 and 567 on 963.7250 mhz?

kma371

QRT
I just started with DMR on my Uniden 536HP and I found many DMR in my area. They are all from Worcester County Massachusetts. I found 6 TGID numbers not listed on the sentenel while doing a trunk search. How can I get information on ID# 156, 159, 199, 323, 363, 562 and 567 on 963.7250 mhz?

You would just have to keep listening to those talk groups and try to identify their use. Then submit them to the DB so they can be added.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not to continue the off topic direction too far but you probably typo'ed the frequency and really are monitoring 936.7250 from I.C.E. Site 20 in Webster MA.
Scan New England has some of those TGIDs at
Industrial Communications & Electronics MotoTrbo Systems - Scan New England Wiki

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.