Is there an Android app that . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrboy

. . . allows scanner reception in a manner similar (or not) to Scanner Live? In other words, can I use my Android to monitor scanning channels of my choice?

n5ims

. . . allows scanner reception in a manner similar (or not) to Scanner Live? In other words, can I use my Android to monitor scanning channels of my choice?

Only if you choose to monitor exactly the ones that a feed is providing. There's nothing that will allow you to use your phone as an actual scanner, only to use you phone to listen to what a feed provider is using their scanner to broadcast. It's like listening to a TV show. You hear only what the audio man (or an automated switcher controlled by the video switcher) will send you. You can't opt to just listen to the band's microphones when the show wants you to listen to the host and their guest.

scan-Streamer

We are a few weeks away from releasing an iPhone/iPod app to do just what you are after (control channels/banks/etc). Depending upon the success of the app, we will be looking at porting it over to the Android. I'll keep you posted if you are interested. I've included a screen-shot of current app controlling my GRE PSR-500.

Attachments

• iphone5_large.jpg
    iphone5_large.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 268
Status
Not open for further replies.