Is there an APP available where you can put your private IP/Port? Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptMike2

I have been looking for an APP where I can put in my own private IP and Port #. I found an APP for an iPhone but now for Andriod.
I run my own private broadcast and currently us the Chrome browser to list but have the following problems doing that.
- Andriod Chrome Browser drains my phone battery fast.
- If I get a phone call or text message I lose my connection and have to reconnect my chrome browser to the private feed.

I do have the Broadcastify PRO app, but there is no place I can find to enter an IP address.
I have tried other apps such as VLC, Shoutcast and another one I cannot remember the name off-hand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

belvdr

No longer interested in living
VLC has an Android app. Can't vouch for the app, but it is good on a computer.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
VLC has an Android app. Can't vouch for the app, but it is good on a computer.

Tried that back a few years ago when I started running it, but couldn't get it to play the Radiofeed private feed. May have changed by now.

DC31

Feed Provider
If it is a private feed and you are not interested in streaming to BCFY, take look at converting your feed to a private Zello channel. Install zello on a PC with VOX enabled then put the Zello app on your phone. It does just what you are looking for. Nothing knocks the app off line. It uses very little power as it only streams when someone is talking. Search these forums for Zello and you will find several discussions.

Feed Provider
Scanner radio app has a place for custom feeds. Under the browse directory tab.
Called custom scanners.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Lastest version of VLC media player works great for private feeds. Very reliable and stable.

+1 for the newer VLC versions. They are well done.

Zello might be the better option, in this type of setup, since you would not need to worry about the IP changing on your source computer.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
+1 for the newer VLC versions. They are well done.

Zello might be the better option, in this type of setup, since you would not need to worry about the IP changing on your source computer.

Most routers will allow you to assign a static IP to devices on your network to avoid those kind of problems. I discovered this after a few power outages and having to reconfigure the feeds. Now they stay put on the same IP.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Most routers will allow you to assign a static IP to devices on your network to avoid those kind of problems. I discovered this after a few power outages and having to reconfigure the feeds. Now they stay put on the same IP.

Many/most consumer ISP use dynamic addressing for the user, so it could easily change, with no notice.

Many/most consumer ISP use dynamic addressing for the user, so it could easily change, with no notice.

Using a dynamic DNS service like no-ip will monitor your dynamic ip and keep you connected to a static ip even when your ISP changes it... Oh and the first three ip's are free... Only thing you have to do is confirm you are still using the service every 30 days and they email you a link to do so..

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You're thinking of the Internet side. He's talking about the LAN side.

{edit}Disregard this. I've been working night and day on the next killer feature and didn't read it fully.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Noip can resolve that issue. Been using them for years with no problems.
Using a dynamic DNS service like no-ip will monitor your dynamic ip and keep you connected to a static ip even when your ISP changes it... Oh and the first three ip's are free... Only thing you have to do is confirm you are still using the service every 30 days and they email you a link to do so..

Which is what I suggested in my first reply, but someone did not seem to understand the differences between internal IP versus external IP.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Does your private feed require a password? I use ProScan for my private feeds and use browsers to monitor while i am at work. Id like to use an app but have not found any that work with my feeds.
Also i found that Chrome (desktop) disconnects frequently. Firefox can keep a connection all day while i am at work so i use that.
I ran a test on my V40 using chrome and in 2 hours usage i had minimal battery drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.