SDS100/SDS200: Is there an easier way to send a scanner to Uniden than putting it in a box with a check and hoping for the best?

ccsprague

I'm finally just going to send my SDS100 to Uniden as the keypad issue has seemingly gotten worse. Its unfortunately out of warranty not to mention I bought used off eBay. Is there an easier way to send the scanner to Uniden besides putting it in a box with a check enclosed or my credit card written on the diagnosing paper? Seems kind of archaic.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm finally just going to send my SDS100 to Uniden as the keypad issue has seemingly gotten worse. Its unfortunately out of warranty not to mention I bought used off eBay. Is there an easier way to send the scanner to Uniden besides putting it in a box with a check enclosed or my credit card written on the diagnosing paper? Seems kind of archaic.
That's the only option. Ship it to them, along with the repair form, which has fields for form of payment to be used. I would make sure to list everything that is need of repair. I would also pull the battery & the SD card, plus remove the antenna.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
thats the only way but only send the scanner and nothing else other than a letter describing the issues its having and a check, and write down the serial number down and keep that handy.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
At leaast, using a shipping service that provides a tracking number: Fedex or UPS ground, USPS.