Is there any way to filter my FIRE/EMS dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

I listen in the Morris County area and they dispatch fire/ems on 476.2875 analog. I'm really only interested in hearing the Mendham's. Morris County Dispatch serves probably 10-15 towns on this frequency (dispatch only) and there is a lot of traffic. Is there a way with My Pro 106 to filter this down to just the two towns for fire and EMS? I've not come across anything that would allow me to do this, but all of our town specific pagers can do it. Was hoping maybe I could get tone codes for fire and ems and be able to keep all the others filtered out.

Thanks,

Roveer

KC2zZe

I need to raise a few bucks to buy Uniden's Bearcat BCD436HP. I'll sell you my BCD396XT for $275.00 - this model can do what you're looking for...

The easiest way would be with a scanner with FTO as a feature. That's short for Fire Tone Out. RadioShack's PRO106 doesn't have that (but might be able to be slaved to a computer to do it. Read Fire Tone Out - The RadioReference Wiki, and all of the hyperlinks embedded there, for further details).

Last edited:

Roveer

I need to raise a few bucks to buy Uniden's Bearcat BCD436HP. I'll sell you my BCD396XT for $275.00 - this model can do what you're looking for...

The easiest way would be with a scanner with FTO as a feature. That's short for Fire Tone Out. RadioShack's PRO106 doesn't have that (but might be able to be slaved to a computer to do it. Read Fire Tone Out - The RadioReference Wiki, and all of the hyperlinks embedded there, for further details).

Wow... All these years and I thought I was just too lazy to set it up. I was looking at the 436HP just today thinking about all those new features. I think I'll put this on my list for my next scanner. Thanks for the offer on the 396XT and thanks for setting me straight.

Roveer

Status
Not open for further replies.