Is there any way to save all of my Avoids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

I have several channels I program, but keep them avoided until I need them. Is there any way to save these & then re-enter them in bulk every time I update the radio?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I'm aware of this, but each time I update the Favorites through Sentinal; all of the permanent avoids are wiped out.
If you avoid a system, site, or a department, talkgroup, or conventional channel, on the scanner itself, that permanent delete exists only in the scanner. Unless you either read the scanner into the software, so that changes made on the scanner are duplicated and saved in Sentinel, then every time you write a file to the scanner, those Avoids will be overwritten. You could also edit the system in Sentinel, to set the same items to Avoid, but you may well overlook some of them. It's easier to just read the scanner into Sentinel. That way, you know that both are on the same page.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to the 436, too. What I've been doing is upload the radio to Sentinel, update the favorites and then write to the radio. So far, it seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.