Is There Anybody Left Here In The Metro Area On 800 MHz Analog Conventional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As post above, is there still any sers on 800 mHz analog, conventional. And I don't necessarily just mean public safety either. I recall Minnetonka having several analog, conventional channels on 800 mHz. Also, some taxi, maybe it is (was?) Skybird Taxi. I even seem to recall a reverse auto patch of sorts where callers would actually talk to the taxi cab drivers. Anyway, is anything left on 800 mHz that is still analog, conventional?

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

Maple Grove Police Car to Car and public wors channels.
Minnetonka PD which has been patched to ARMER sometimes and Public Works.
Robbinsdale School Buses.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thank you for the reply. I had almost forgotten about them. Also, I wonder if MCF-Oak Park Heights also kept their 800 mHz analog, conventional or if everything is now on ARMER?

Oh, by the way, are only two of the Minnetonka 800 channels in use then?

Last edited:

stmills

Minnetonka: 856.2125 PD, 857.2125 DPW, 858.2125 assigned to Hennepin CO West system- 202.
The OPH analog frequency is included in the new trunked system, and the system is licensed as a modification to the OPH license not a new license- the license is for trunked and no longer conventional. I would expect them to decommision the analog system. The Lino Lakes System was sold at auction in December, so i suspect that all the old systems will be decommisioned and sold as ARMER come online.

Last edited:

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thanks for the reply. I seem to recall that MCF-Lino Lakes back in the day used the 154.695 and a UHF. Was it 453.650? I think somebody said VHF for most stuff, but UHF for outer perimeter. They really had a mixed bag, when you think about it, at DOC. Lots of VHF, but then 800 at OPH. Somebody else also supplemneted with UHF. Was it MCF-Stillwater (Bayport)? Also, is everybody for the DOC now 800 mHz? Even MCF-Thistledew (Togo)? Also, did DOC have any other VHF for their use besides their 154.695 repeater? I know that there were a few licensed for inter-operability with sheriff's offices, but did they ahve any other VHF for themselves? I think OSI-SIU had a 158. something. Did MCF-Shakopee ever have an additional frequency?

Oh, and speaking of auctions, does anybody happen to know what would have been the newest or latest VHF or UHF portables the State Of Minnesota has or would have had back in the day before ARMER? For example, did they have any JT1000s for HSEM or radio technicians? What about XTS5000s? If something like that popped up on state auction I could be tempted. Something tells me that they must still have a few analog, conventional VHF and UHF radios around. I guess enless they comply with narrowband requirements they will be of little value next year. I seem to recall that some MN-DNR Forestry units had some high channel capacity radios to work with US Forest Service, etc. Even something like a Motorola HT1550 that is front panel programmable may ahve worked well for them.

They do have a lot a licenses when you think about it. For example. what ever happened to the Minnesota Zoo? Are they still on 453.400? Will they go narrowband analog? Will they, or have they, gone ARMER? There are so many state universities, community colleges. technical colleges. I can't recall at the moment if the MN/DOT-OEC coordinated all of the licenses, or if they just had the "big boys" like DPS, DOC, DNR, and DOT.

Speaking of DNR Forestry earlier, does anybody happen to know if they are planning on dual radios in at least some pieces of equipment they have? Think about it. Sure it is winter now, but in a bunch of weeks we could be right back into wildland fire season. With bordering Canada and Wisconsin, it is always interesting to see the communications plans. They might need 800 mHz to talk to their own personnel and need VHF for mutual aid or hope that ARMER has good enough coverage for the most remote parts of very rural Minnesota. That could be some interesting patches. Say an S-TAC patched with US Forest Service, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.