Is there anything I CAN listen to?

I recently moved to Anchorage from the lower 48. I have a BCD996P2. I've been looking through the ALMR system, as well as the old conventional stuff for the state. I'm afraid I already know the answer, but is there ANY fire/ems or law enforcement I can listen to that isn't encrypted? It seems that everything has a DE. Are there any I missed? Feeling kinda bummed as it seems I might not be doing much scanning here....

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
Pickings are slim. Ive been monitoring for well over a decade here, and the degradation has been incredible.

For now, what's left in the open is:
Airport Police/Fire - 851.35000 or ALMR 49900
MatSu Fire/EMS Areawide - 154.295
Anchorage Medic to Hospital: ALMR 44030, partial encryption
JBER PD Dispatch - ALMR 18675

west-pac

I recently moved to Anchorage from the lower 48. I have a BCD996P2. I've been looking through the ALMR system, as well as the old conventional stuff for the state. I'm afraid I already know the answer, but is there ANY fire/ems or law enforcement I can listen to that isn't encrypted? It seems that everything has a DE. Are there any I missed? Feeling kinda bummed as it seems I might not be doing much scanning here....
If it were me, I would still scan those TGs labeled as DE. You'll never know if they turn off the encryption, if you're not listening. Personally, I always run my scanners in ID SEARCH mode. In ID SEARCH mode you'll hear every TG that is transmitted from the site/tower you're listening to. Since you're in Anchorage, you'll likely find a lot of the surrounding communities TGs being transmitted on the Anchorage site when those communities radio users come to Anchorage.