SC200: Is there anywhere to buy replacement rubber feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

Where can I order new ones? Two of the rubber feet have come off of my scanner & evidently the dust bunnies ate them. I looked on Google It for them but nothing came up for this radio. Thanks in advance!

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I thought you might of did a typo... Thought you ment SDS200...
I see an SC200 is a handheld unit...
You can snoop around on Amazon though... You might find something that will be small enough...

n5ims

Yes, Amazon has quite the selection of types and sizes (stick-on and ones that go on the case screws). My advice is to replace all as a set since the replacements never fit exactly the same as the originals so replacing all will prevent rocking.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Where can I order new ones? Two of the rubber feet have come off of my scanner & evidently the dust bunnies ate them. I looked on Google It for them but nothing came up for this radio. Thanks in advance!

Lowes (and may be Home Depot) sells "furniture bumpers" (Scotch brand). I have used these to put new feet on a lot of thinks. Get a pack of them and replace them all. (I have bought others from eBay or at hamfests only to have some of those cheaper ones "melt-down" in a couple years into a sticky mess.)

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Home Depot and Menards have different sizes. I have larger ones on the bottom of my new PC for better air-flow underneath. Sticky on the bottom ... they're in the Hobby section of Menards ....

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
eBay is a good source for component rubber feet. I have ordered several sets for some of my desktop radios. I imagine some of them could be improvised to adapt to a mobile or hand held radio. Post a pic later when you have your final solution so we can see it!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

I generally go with something like this:

I've found that black plastic or rubber feet have a tendency to melt and leave nasty gooey black spots on whatever the item was sitting on. These clear feet have never let me down.

Bob1955

Uniden America Corp.-Parts Department at 800-297-1023.

K4RBT

I quit using the rubber (actually synthetic) because the leech plasticizer, the chemical that makes them soft, plyable. The ones on my BCD996T took the finis off of the shelf where it was placed. I do woodworking and found this information on a finisher web site. I only use felt ones now.Matching the finish on furniture is a pain, and I took the class at Woodcraft by someone in the business.

ecps92

Same thing, went with the Felt-Feet/Cushions generally used for Chairs. Tired of the rubber breaking down after years
I quit using the rubber (actually synthetic) because the leech plasticizer, the chemical that makes them soft, plyable. The ones on my BCD996T took the finis off of the shelf where it was placed. I do woodworking and found this information on a finisher web site. I only use felt ones now.Matching the finish on furniture is a pain, and I took the class at Woodcraft by someone in the business.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Same thing, went with the Felt-Feet/Cushions generally used for Chairs. Tired of the rubber breaking down after years

Yep. As mentioned in my post, I buy the clear ones at Lowe's do not seem to go bad. Brands are Softtouch and Scotch. They look better than the cheap black rubber ones that either eventually fall off or "melt".

Status
Not open for further replies.