Is this a bad time to get back into this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I was looking for an HF receiver and got to thinking I could have the of both worlds with the R2500 with the APCO card to decode the state police.

I live in Corbin Kentucky and it seems as if the majority of this area may be moving to NXDN.

Is this a bad time to plop down a grand on a radio that may not work in 6 months?

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
KSP does not have any plans to change from their current system that I have heard. Also, with our current economic woes in the state, I think it would be very irresponsible to try to completely re-do a system that is not that old. The current one works quite well.

Go for it!!! Go digital and enjoy the scanning. Things technically could change any day for any agency. I live in Louisville and even though I was prepared for the digital switch, most of the talkgroups went encrypted. I get to listen to about a quarter of what I could hear before. Just the nature of the beast.

I'm rambling...... just go buy you a good digital scanner and enjoy what your able to hear ...... for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.