Is this a patch ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj20

Abilene has the same kind of provoice radio system as San Antonio, except most things are analog except for police and no esk. We are having an air show today and this ID showed up on my 396 02-101 and when they talk 00-001 shows up on the display next to 02-101. I have never seen this before so I was wondering if that was a patch.

scanaholic

Howdy, neighbor!

I don't know if it's a patch or not, but what I'm getting now is 02-103. They're talking about catering, water, etc. It's 12:31pm as I write this.

Last week, I DID hear Taylor Co. patch a pd unit in, when a county unit was in pursuit. The audio sounded weird and not that understandable on the pd unit. Guess that's what happens when they convert ProVoice to analog in a patch.

tj20

Hey, I did not think anybody from Abilene used this website! I have not seen the 02-101 + 00-001 id since I posted this morning. The id 02-101 did sound funny at times when they were using it earlier, almost like some kind of speech inversion was being used. They were talking about stopping somebody to remind them of the speed limit. I thought since this system was like San Antonio's somebody might know what that 00-001 next to the id was. I have also been holding on 02-103 and I heard them call it channel 3.

EDIT: I took out a stupid question.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
HairNation ... Great Station!

Generally 15-157 is the main EDACS patch on many EDACS systems. but now with EDACS being Networked one dosn't need to patch as they did in the old days.

Is Fire, EMS and all the Non-Secret stuff "In the clear"?

tj20

MaxTracker said:
HairNation ... Great Station!

It is the main reason I went with Sirius over XM, I just hope we don't loose it with the merger.

On the fire dispatch channel you can only hear the dispatcher. On the fire tac channel and the other fire channel (I guess channel 2) you can hear both sides. Every thing else is in the clear

SCPD

QRT
Might be a patch then. sometimes you can hear everyone on a patch sometimes all you hear is Dispatch. EDACS is interesting when it comes to patches.

I doubt we will. Hair Nation has a better listiner base than the XM equivilant.

Status
Not open for further replies.