Is this a software bug ? (No Apco band plan available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
(See attachment) After uploading a brand new BCD996P2 I got a single error message. The scanner works fine and am receiving
all Apco 25 transmissions. I am thinking it a software bug ?????Capture.JPG

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I get that on a couple of P25 sites on FreeScan...the Uniden scanners populate those bandplan on their own when it decodes the signal.
They all receive just fine, it's just a reminder if you do have a system that requires a bandplan or an older scanner some of them require that info.

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi @fireman_dude, since FreeScan is no longer supported and seeing that you are a Premium Subscriber, if you don’t already own it, you should seriously consider investing a one-time charge of $50 on ProScan after the 30-day free trial. It is worth many times more than that, has phenomenal support by the author right here on Radio Reference and has so many features I could write a book about them. But not wanting to steer this thread too far off course, I’ll sit down and shut up now. Cheers! Dave K4EET

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
Hi @fireman_dude, since FreeScan is no longer supported and seeing that you are a Premium Subscriber, if you don’t already own it, you should seriously consider investing a one-time charge of $50 on ProScan after the 30-day free trial. It is worth many times more than that, has phenomenal support by the author right here on Radio Reference and has so many features I could write a book about them. But not wanting to steer this thread too far off course, I’ll sit down and shut up now. Cheers! Dave K4EET

I appreciate it and will look into it further. With Freescan no longer supported by the author I certainly will need
a backup plan.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
@ProScan is a much better value at $50, since you can use it to program just about any modern Uniden scanner in the XT, P2, x36HP, and SDS series without having to spend $30-$60 per model software as you do with Butel. ProScan is much more refined software and the remote control display is far superior to Butel. And yes, I paid for ARC-XT Pro years ago and haven't used it once since switching to ProScan.

Status
Not open for further replies.