Is this DMR that's coming through on 464.500?

thisguyneedsabeer

Premium Subscriber
I've been wondering what this sound is on common business itinerant 464.500Mhz. I believe it's DMR because my BCD996P2 doesn't have that service enabled. There's only one registered business that I can see in the RRDB for the Philadelphia area and when I plug in their PL tones, it disappears, whoever is broadcasting is using CSQ (to my amateur knowledge). Anybody have any ideas, or would that be like finding a needle in a haystack since it's BI, anyone licensed could be operating on it, or even unlicensed I guess, right?

Temporary video link, expires in 2 days.

ecps92

I've been wondering what this sound is on common business itinerant 464.500Mhz. I believe it's DMR because my BCD996P2 doesn't have that service enabled. There's only one registered business that I can see in the RRDB for the Philadelphia area and when I plug in their PL tones, it disappears, whoever is broadcasting is using CSQ (to my amateur knowledge). Anybody have any ideas, or would that be like finding a needle in a haystack since it's BI, anyone licensed could be operating on it, or even unlicensed I guess, right?

Temporary video link, expires in 2 days.
464.5000 is an Itinerant Freq, meaning traveling users for short term use, it could be licensed anywhere, so don't just search Philly
and so many users buy radios and never license. Happy Hunting them down, that is the fun of the hobby

thisguyneedsabeer

Premium Subscriber
464.5000 is an Itinerant Freq, meaning traveling users for short term use, it could be licensed anywhere, so don't just search Philly
and so many users buy radios and never license. Happy Hunting them down, that is the fun of the hobby
That's kind of what I figured, there's no way to track who is using it. I figured Philly area since my scanner only has the base antenna attached, I'm not pulling in from a huge outdoor antenna. I guess no one would report it since it wouldn't be causing interference, they would be allowed to use DMR, P25, etc. because it's the business space.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I have TGID-101 CC-5 logged from a recent trip. Pretty sure it was a crane operator, maybe in Center City? I'll have to review my universal audio player captures to see if I have anything discernable...

thisguyneedsabeer

Premium Subscriber
I have TGID-101 CC-5 logged from a recent trip. Pretty sure it was a crane operator, maybe in Center City? I'll have to review my universal audio player captures to see if I have anything discernable...
I just purchased the DMR feature set and loaded it into my scanner. Definitely hitting on CC-5 with clear-ish audio now, no TGID logged though, 464.500 MHz was the frequency. I'll see what else I can gather. I'd be shocked if they are the only ones using 464.500 in the area.

Edit: My man needs someone to come through the line to do a taste test and see if "Cherry Pepper" (maybe chili pepper) is decent. I don't think I have crane operators at the moment.

Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
My logs of 464.500 go as far back at March 8. The crane ops I had logged at the time were analog, 251 DPL. The traffic I logged on TGID-101 CC-5 sounds like it might be some sort of concessions operation. Talking about different lines, refilling Dasani, etc. Could be an itinerant vendor of some sort

thisguyneedsabeer

Premium Subscriber
My logs of 464.500 go as far back at March 8. The crane ops I had logged at the time were analog, 251 DPL. The traffic I logged on TGID-101 CC-5 sounds like it might be some sort of concessions operation. Talking about different lines, refilling Dasani, etc. Could be an itinerant vendor of some sort
That's what I'm hearing now, taking refill orders for Seagrams Ginger Ale, Coke Zero etc.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
That one is going to be tricky to identify. Definitely will have to go by recordings. Going by the FCC license search, there are 348 active Part 90 licenses in PA alone.

Will add it to my rotation.