Is this feed coming back or what???

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

Now THATS funny. Hours after I post this thread, the feed mysteriously comes back online. Let's see how long it lasts this time...

frazpo

Now THATS funny. Hours after I post this thread, the feed mysteriously comes back online. Let's see how long it lasts this time...

Ya. Seems like that they may want to implement some sort of limit on downtime. I was reading a similar thread the other day with the same scenario.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Yeah, I was looking at the archives, and it seems for about the past 2 months its up for about 30 mins every 3-5 days. I'm guessing he just needs to maintain his premium subscription...

KK4ELO

Yeah i think the same thing is going on here.
See my thread at:http://forums.radioreference.com/live-audio-listener-support/284236-anyone-know-who-runs-feed.html
Just so happens that after i posted the thread, the feed has been up since then. You would think the admin would catch this and require them to keep the feed going unless they have a major problem or lose membership status. Why should they get free membership just because they provide a feed that is only up long enough to keep the membership? I think its unfair myself. Makes me want to get a feed started for a free membership so i can shop the for sale forums. Work good for me since i only bring my laptop out when i need it. Everything else i do on my phone.

Last edited:

frazpo

Good point. Not fair to those who keep their feed going and those who pay for a membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. There will misspellings!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Just a note, if a feed is offline all premium features are disabled. I have noticed this when my power/cable has failed while at work and I can't use any premium features until the feed comes back up or until I return home and restore it. However I don't know how or when this would effect account billing.

I do occasionally see a feed which actually states it is not a full-time feed, which I thought was a requirement.

phillydjdan

True, I have noticed the same. Perhaps they only need to occasionally download info from the database into a scanner program, or only need to get access to other audio archives from time to time.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I think I have seen a few feeds that were broadcasting an "Incident" and the archives clearly showed that the "incident" was all that was there, so the feed was brought on-line just for the incident. Sometimes they would mention they were only on when something was going on where they were located.

I was happy they could do this personally so maybe some "free lancing" is allowed under these situations.

phillydjdan

So, our favorite feed has now gone offline at 10:27 on 2-21, came back online from 9:45 to 10:04 pm and then again from 11:26 to 11:37 on 2-22-14 and hasn't been seen since. I wish this guy would just give up already.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Thanks! keep us posted.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I'm not trying to stick up for anyone but I provide 2 feeds. One of my feeds is always up, the other has a "habit" of dropping out a lot. not everyday but a lot. We have disabled auto updates and a number of other things. Mind you they are on the same network, hoever 2 seperate computers. . Maybe it's a siliar situation? I know that it is not just frustrating for people listening but me as well. There is nothing I would like better than to solve the problem.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.135 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Thanks for looking into it, sir. It's unfortunate that his internet connection is not stable. Maybe someone else can step up and provide this feed from a more stable location

Status
Not open for further replies.