Is this how Trunking works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpsTN

I have downloaded Win97 in the event I can use it. I suppose I need the cable, which I do not have, to use the Win97 to program the scanner. I will

Charles
Smyrna, TN

cpsTN

I have entered the 5 freqs while following ALL the steps you said. I am now hearing transmissions on two freqs instead of one. Perhaps things are improving. I did set this up as a trucked band, but the display, aside from the higher freqs programmed into it, looks the same as the banks with the conventional freqs. Is the display supposed to look differently because it is trunked? They still say they are FM (ex: S200FM 851.000) . I know the freqs are within the FM band, but isn't it supposed to say something other than the conventional freqs do, more like (ex: S200MO 851.000 or S200TR 851.000)? So far, two of the five freqs are marginally active, with Police, Fire and Utility dept. for reference, I programmed the 5 freqs into scanner channels 200-204. I am getting activity on 201 and 202 AND what seems to be morse code on 200. the CC is channel 203 (852.57500MHz). Thank You for you assistance.

Charles
Smyrna, TN

N8IAA

I have entered the 5 freqs while following ALL the steps you said. I am now hearing transmissions on two freqs instead of one. Perhaps things are improving. I did set this up as a trucked band, but the display, aside from the higher freqs programmed into it, looks the same as the banks with the conventional freqs. Is the display supposed to look differently because it is trunked? They still say they are FM (ex: S200FM 851.000) . I know the freqs are within the FM band, but isn't it supposed to say something other than the conventional freqs do, more like (ex: S200MO 851.000 or S200TR 851.000)? So far, two of the five freqs are marginally active, with Police, Fire and Utility dept. for reference, I programmed the 5 freqs into scanner channels 200-204. I am getting activity on 201 and 202 AND what seems to be morse code on 200. the CC is channel 203 (852.57500MHz). Thank You for you assistance.

Charles
Smyrna, TN
Charles, you need to make sure that when you program the frequencies into the channels, that each one is in MOtorola mode. Otherwise it won't trunktrack. I am going to send you a Win97 file with the Smyrna system. Send me a PM (private message) with your e-mail address. I'll have the file ready for you.
Larry

Last edited:

dsvm2005

I was reading this post and got a better understanding on the trunking. I am still on the works since its very confusing. I live in tx and program mcallen pd as trunking but I do not get a t on the display Also when scanning will it scan on all modes meaing on fm, mot,ltr,edcs? Just wondering on that. If anyone could kindly give that answer

Thank you

hfxChris

Database Admin
When you setup a bank as trunking, you select either Motorola, EDACS or LTR. It doesn't need to guess at what sort of trunking technology it is, because you specify that when you program it.

As long as each of the control channel frequencies you program are set as MOT and not FM, and the bank itself is set as MOT and not FM, it should trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.