Is this worth submitting to the DB?

HandiScratchy

I was working from home today and thought it would be fun to run a trunking discovery to learn more about it. I've done conventional discovery a few times but overall I'm pretty new to this aspect of scanning. I chose the Fort Mill Fleettalk System and have been getting hits from Talk Group 276. It is clearly a school bus operation and they are talking about Fort Mill Schools. The database shows district 4 buses on a conventional channel. This is an NXDN transmission. I searched Fleettalk Carolinas NC and SC for TG276 but didn't find anything on those pages either.

Am I misunderstanding what the scanner is telling me?
Is it something you would submit to the DB? If not what more info would be needed to make it worthy?

Here's the District 4 data from the DB:
FrequencyLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
151.715WQEV764M107.2 PLFMill HS 151Fort Mill High SchoolFMSchools
152.930WQEV764RM251 DPLFMill HS 152Fort Mill High SchoolFMSchools
150.920WQCC883RM131.8 PLFt Mill SchlFort Mill School DistrictFMSchools
462.200WPNS767RM127.3 PLBusesSchool District Bus TransportationFMSchools
152.435WQFD721R186.2 PLSpringfld ESSpringfield Elementary SchoolFMSchools
150.860WQCB733RMSpringfld MSSpringfield Middle SchoolFMSchools

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
If you monitor the frequency 462.200, do you hear anything? If so, does it sound like buses?

Many of the conventional listings in the database are old, and agencies have transitioned to other radio systems or other modes over time. Because the RadioReference database is "crowd-sourced", it depends on information from hobbyist listeners about whether old listings are no longer used. If that information isn't submitted, then those listings remain.

Fleettalk is commonly used by bus services throughout the area, so it would not be surprising if that's what the Fort Mill school buses are using. You're doing the correct thing by listening and trying to pin down locations. If you're confident in the use of the talkgroup, you are encouraged to submit it. At the same time, to avoid duplicate listings from the same agency, if you can verify that the conventional channel is no longer used for that purpose, we can mark it as "deprecated" and it will drop off the listing.