Is Troop L AWIN Rebanding In Progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanning-NWA

Has the rebanding project for Troop L AWIN coverage area officially began? As of 09/12/2011, I no longer receive the ROGERS tower site and now on 09/14/2011 I no longer receive the SPRINGDALE site too. My Uniden BCD996T is currently at firmware level 1.03.11. If rebanding has begun, does this mean I have to update the BCD996T's firmware now and also re-edit the band plan to be "custom" for each rebanded tower site? I want to fully understand what I need to do...

georgebill

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed the same issue. Thought it might have been a failure of the AWIN network. Didn't know there was rebanding on their schedule.

georgebill

Premium Subscriber
I'm also no longer picking up the Harrison site. It quit at the same time as the Springdale site. I've never been able to hear the Rogers site from my location.

poppafred

I was in Fayetteville on Sept 7th and monitored Troop L from the Hopper Tunnel all the way to NWA Mall without a problem.

Has this started since then?

k5rpd

Yes, they have started rebanding numerous sites in the Northwest and NorthCentral areas.
A quote from a notification that was sent out:
"The reprogramming for the AWIN sites will begin on Monday September 12th and continue through Tuesday October 18th.
There will be two teams working at different sites across the state each day.
During a normal rebanding process a site will be taken down twice during the process, each time for just a few minutes."

JJ

Imperial

The frequencies have been lowered 15 MHz. Harrison is 851.23750 and Springdale is 851.58750, etc... However Marshall and Mountain Home for example won't be exactly 15 MHz down as frequencies have been reallocated. The licenses for all of AWIN's rebanding have been granted for a couple of months now, you can see the exact frequencies on the ULS of the FCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.