Is trunked systems down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

For the past 24 hours my bct15x has been very quite on the vinita ohp , Craig county , vinita . Day before yesterday vinita was on there low band for at least an hour . Now don't hear nothing except group ID 61104 and Ottawa County . Anyone know what's going on ? . I'm beginning to think there tower got hit by lightning yesterday morning .

ecps92

Well, if you are hearing a TG then the system (site is not down)

Have you checked to see if you locked out that Talk-group ??

For the past 24 hours my bct15x has been very quite on the vinita ohp , Craig county , vinita . Day before yesterday vinita was on there low band for at least an hour . Now don't hear nothing except group ID 61104 and Ottawa County . Anyone know what's going on ? . I'm beginning to think there tower got hit by lightning yesterday morning .

KOK5CY

Well apparently the ohp system in my area is having issues . Right before we had that Storm roll through I was listening just fine and now nothing . A friend of mine that dispatches for vinita say's there system is all good and my better half says she heard Craig county . So i do believe ohp is having issues . I've never locked a talk group except stupid birdie's as there called harmonics .

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Well apparently the ohp system in my area is having issues . Right before we had that Storm roll through I was listening just fine and now nothing . A friend of mine that dispatches for vinita say's there system is all good and my better half says she heard Craig county . So i do believe ohp is having issues . I've never locked a talk group except stupid birdie's as there called harmonics .

Talkgroups do not (OK, sometimes) map to a particular channel pair so locking out a talkgroup is nothing like locking out a frequency. If you lock out a talkgroup, you lock it out regardless of which channel it pops up on.

You have a BCT15X and I think those only do control channel trunking now so if you lock out one of the control channels and the system happens to start using that control channel, you won't hear any talkgroups.

KOK5CY

As I stated before there trunked systems is down . There using there back up vhf low band . Also im not locking out any channels . Matter of fact the only towers I can hear is Miami and Jay and what ever comes filtering in on trunked . I have it reset and it's doing its thing but still no troop L ID's . 154.680 is dispatch , 155.445 is relay ... that's what is popping up . Have a good day people

peterjmag

Also be aware that the P25 Phase 1 upgrade is in progress. I don't know when the radio techs will make it back that direction but I have heard before the end of the year.

KOK5CY

After listening for a week the Tech kind of fixed the problem but it's very scratchy . It's like they found the problem then all of the sudden nothing . Both Jay and Miami towers are not on the air or they switched to the new system . I've reset the scanner 2 times and normally ill hear Miami PD but nothing . So I'm very clueless .

nd5y

Listen to ALL of the frequencies for the sites that you can't receive in CONVENTIONAL (non-trunked mode) and see if you hear a control channel or digital noise.

Jay:

Miami:

KOK5CY

This unit will not allow me to do conventional mode . All I can do is have it set in HP mode and let it scan Motorola I'd search . Craig county , Miami pd or Ottawa County isn't coming through either . So I don't understand why all of the sudden the whole system would go down ?

peterjmag

The state is in the process of upgrading current sites to P25 Phase 1. The last time I checked the Tulsa and Owasso sites were a work in progress. It is most likely that they moved their way back northeast and are doing the sites you mentioned. If this is the case then your BCT15 will not scan it since it is an analog only scanner. What is being suggested to you is to scan all the frequencies conventionally to listen to listen for a digital control channel. If there is, than the change over has either started or may even be completed. Do you understand know?

KOK5CY

Fyi . The Miami tower is back up online . Either it was a coax issue or a bad connection . I do look at the display once in a while and it does show the tower working with the signal bar graph which shows 2 bars . But from my reading on the link you posted it doesn't show being down or worked on . Also do not post that I'm stupid . I've been around scanners since my early twenties . Just because I ask a general question doesn't mean to make me look stupid . We are hear to learn the hobby but apparently some people think some are very dumb .

Have a great day gentleman .

Happy scanning .

KOK5CY

Before i put out the funds for an upgraded scanner . Is the state having the system encrypted for P25 ?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
That is a possible option that so far the State hasn't used that I am aware of. Tulsa Police and some others have encrypted some of their channels but not all. I suggest you look at a radio that will cover Phase 2 transmissions so you are covered for further updates. If anyone in your area is using Mototrbo you might look into a radio for that as well.

peterjmag

Fyi . The Miami tower is back up online . Either it was a coax issue or a bad connection . I do look at the display once in a while and it does show the tower working with the signal bar graph which shows 2 bars . But from my reading on the link you posted it doesn't show being down or worked on . Also do not post that I'm stupid . I've been around scanners since my early twenties . Just because I ask a general question doesn't mean to make me look stupid . We are hear to learn the hobby but apparently some people think some are very dumb .

Have a great day gentleman .

Happy scanning .

I never stated that you are dumb or can't come here to learn or ask questions. We are all here for that. What I was trying to tell you that the P25 upgrade is in progress. This in it self might make a analog scanner like yours not work anymore. That's all I was saying. Since you found out that a site was actually down that's great however, be aware when the P25 changes are made on a specific site it has not been documented on the OKWIN web site as well as all outages. I was adamant about mentioning it in multiple posts because you were not acknowledging my replies to your post as if I don't know what I am taking about. If you would have replied that it was a possibility but that you discovered that it was something else then so be it. There is no reason to get offended for I was only trying to state a fact that in reality might be your receiving issue. I apologize for hurting your feelings.

KOK5CY

Apparently the ohp has a hiring freeze , fuel cost cut , the new radio system that was to go online soon is no longer going to happen .

Status
Not open for further replies.