Is Uniden working on NXDN for 436 &536?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
I am not sure if this was asked and answered in another post but I am starting to see more and more systems on NXDN.
Hopefully we can hear from a Uniden rep but if not, does anyone have intel??

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Nobody outside Uniden knows for sure, and nobody inside Uniden is allowed to say.

It is pretty likely they are working on it, but Uniden isn't going to say anything until it is ready for beta testing.

Exactly. Uniden will be tight lipped. Any beta testers privy to the information will also be tight lipped. They aren’t going to risk their status. Would love to see it happen. Constantly checking in here to see that post. Confident that it will happen one day if it within the capability of these units.

SCPD

QRT
Over a year ago some people posted they know someone in the know claim Uniden is working on NXDN
I suspect if they were, stress were I doubt it's a technical issue but licensing
I doubt we'll see anything soon if at all

I am not sure if this was asked and answered in another post but I am starting to see more and more systems on NXDN.
Hopefully we can hear from a Uniden rep but if not, does anyone have intel??

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I believe that the x36 scanners are very capable of NXDN and hope we will see it in the near future. That would make the x36 series the most capable scanners on the market and give Uniden the upper hand in the scanner market. Bring on the NXDN.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't be surprised if Uniden is saving NXDN for the next generation flagship scanners.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That makes no sense. They had no qualms about adding DMR (which is more widely used than NXDN) to several lines of scanners.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If/when it is released, my hope is it will decode the control channel data on NXDN unlike the Whistler scanners. I'm aware DSD will decode the control channel data, so it can be done. Many systems are utilizing 3.125 khz spacing too, so that hopefully will be included.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
That makes no sense. They had no qualms about adding DMR (which is more widely used than NXDN) to several lines of scanners.

Note that I didn't say that I see Uniden not releasing NXDN for other scanner products. I just see it's debut being saved for the next gen scanners. It would be a horrible mistake to not eventually add NXDN capability to the x36HP line and even the P2 line.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I would be very disappointed too if they don't add NXDN to the x36 series scanners. Especially since I own four of these scanners with all upgrades. A lot of money.

racingfan360

I've said it before on this topic, and I'll say it again (although I doubt it will have any impact whatsoever on Uniden).....I REALLY don't understand why Uniden chose to not pre-annouce what they are doing re NXDN. For those that have bought their product already Uniden have little to lose and a lot to gain (think of the interest the anticipation of DMR on the x36 model generated). For those that want NXDN and are thinking of either a Uniden or a Whistler, the complete 'radio silence' on the topic from Uniden will simply just courage them to spend their money on a Whistler: Uniden miss out on all these potential sales. Anyone who desperately needs NXDN will have bought a Whistler already.

If they are working on NXDN, their lack of comms can only be resulting in a loss of sales IMHO. I hate to say it but my deduction is that we won't see NXDN for quite some time, and likely only tied into a new scanner model (so that they can flog more x36 models in the interim).

Status
Not open for further replies.