Is Unidens Server Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerjunkie

Just tried to update library and firmware on my 436HP and i keep getting updating full database and firmware failed. unable to connect to remote server. anyone else having this happen to them?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Just tried to update library and firmware on my 436HP and i keep getting updating full database and firmware failed. unable to connect to remote server. anyone else having this happen to them?

Yup. Just tried updating the FW on my 536 and its giving me the same "Unable to connect to remote server" error message.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure the server will be up soon.
It must be getting hammered today by all the people leaving Whistler Scanners and flooding back to Uniden. Trying to update their new Uniden scanners they got this week. :p

SCPD

QRT
I just got off the phone with Uniden Customer Service as I am trying to update a 996P2 and getting the same error on the VUP. Guy said try tonight or tomorrow.

Update: at 15:16 server came up and update completed.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Our network provider had some kind of issue (they haven't told us what the issue was). It caused all inbound/outbound web service to be somewhere between slow and no.

I call that going from networking to notworking.

Anyway, it should all be up and working, now.

In general, if the update fails a couple of times and WebHome < UnidenMan4 < TWiki is also down, it is likely a network problem on our end (and we will be aware of it, since it affects all office networking and phone service, as well). Just wait a bit and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.