Is Washington & Benton County all encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmonte

Any info on Washington & Benton County systems? I pick up a little traffic from Benton County sheriff but nothing from Washington County. Are the county and city police fully encrypted? I'm using the frequencies listed here on RR. Any info/help appreciated.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Bentonville PD is on the Bentonville TRS, which is an MotoTRBO DMR system. There is no scanner capable currently of decoding an DMR system. To monitor an DMR system, you will need iether an older scanner with Discriminator Tapped, or use one of the newer ones with the PC/IF Discriminator Feed to your PC and run DMR Decode, DSD, or DSD Plus, Unitrunker or the like. If they are not running Encryption then they can be monitored that way. Washington County may now be using the Emergency Management LTR Passport TRS. You can hear them conventionally but can not trunk track Passport systems. There are various tricks for monitoring Passport systems which we can teach you depending on what kind of scanner you use. Also both counties have talkgroups on the AWIN.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackmonte

Wow! Things have gotten complicated. LOL. I'm using a BCD536. Coming from a uniden sportcat this is a new experience for me. Lot more to it than just punching in a frequency and saving to a bank.
I'm slowly grasping how the 536 works but a lot I still don't understand.
So it sounds like even the latest and greatest scanner won't pick up everything.

You seem very knowledgable on all the new radio systems. Thanks for the in depth reply. I may not understand it but it answered my question why I can't monitor their system.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
You can still monitor the Washington County system, it is a lil tricky, but doable.
Program the system's repeaters in conventional mode with no delays on each repeater. You will hear all traffic, and some "data bursts" but you will only be able to identify the users by the traffic you hear. LTR Passport systems are a PITA to monitor, but can be done, just can't be trunktracked. The AWIN you can monitor just fine with that new Uniden.

blackmonte

Is Washington & Benton County all encrypted?

Forgive my ignorance but where can I find the repeater freqs? I'm sure it's right there in front of me but this new scanner and all the other info it's kind of overwhelmed me.....in a good way. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.