PSR-800: Is Whistler Legacy PSR-800 service really this good????

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
I sent in my PSR-800 to Whistler for the legacy upgrade on Jan 23. Due to a lot of weather issues around that time, Whistler didn't physically receive my scanner until Feb 2 when it was signed for by the Front Desk. Well today I received an email at 1:52 PM that it was put into the repair que. To my suprise at exactly 1:52 a USPS Label is printed and later a package was received at the PO and head my way.

Now it still shows that my scanner is in que to have the upgrade. Why would they be sending something to me if it hasn't been UPGRADED yet? Can anyone explain this? Is their service really that good that they are probably sending me a different scanner or did they just do the upgrade that fast and didn't update their system with the proper repair date/time/tracking info...etc?

Thoughts?????

1675832954051.png
1675832996247.png

Tue, Feb 7 at 1:52 PM

Hi xxxx,
We just wanted to let you know that your product has been received at our repair facility.

1675833118148.png

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Somebody may have forgotten to update the status to being in the repair queue before it was actually upgraded. They realized the mistake when they were done and changed the status then so they could check all the boxes.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Somebody may have forgotten to update the status to being in the repair queue before it was actually upgraded. They realized the mistake when they were done and changed the status then so they could check all the boxes.
That is a definite possibility I guess. I'm sure they had a big backlog with them being out so many days due to inclimate weather but that is a good possibility. Thanks so much for the input.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I sent in two scanners at different time for the update, and both of mine returned within two weeks of being sent. The improvements are very noticeable, especially the simulcast quality. I know that is hit or miss, and it ws money well spent.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Nah. I'm stupid. I forgot I ordered a power supply from them this past weekend. That's what shipped. Was suppose to be here today but didn't come in. Scanner is still in que for repair.

jshg46

Ive heard the update improves p25. Does it do anything for VHF reception?

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
I got mine back and it is doing great. I made a trip last week to Brewton, AL and there was SOME DMR in the area and it was picking it up like crazy. I was pretty impressed. I'm back home and I have it on a P25 system now and it's doing very good.

jshg46

They must be slow right now, They got it yesterday and they sent me an email today saying it has been shipped back. Thats real fast service!!!

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
They must be slow right now, They got it yesterday and they sent me an email today saying it has been shipped back. Thats real fast service!!!
Hopefully you didn't do like I did and order something online the same day it happen to get checked into the system. Because I thought the same thing but I had ordered a power supply for a different scanner the same day it was checked in. Thus the reason for this original post. Took nearly a month for mine but I'm glad I did it. Works great now.