Is Whistler teasing us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
You guys fit the definition of insane.. Do same thing over and over expecting different results. You all already know what the 6 that are coming out this year are. You know they are what GRE already had out or in advanced R&D/Pre-Production. Yet you keep going off in dreamland about fantasy junk. How many times do you have to be told that the scanners coming out in March are the PRO-106/PSR-500 up thru the PSR-800/900 and PRO-18 lines for digital, and an analog? The Whistler re packaged/branded GRE PSR-800/900's do Phase II P25, and you all already know this. The new Unidens have only one real advantage as far as usefulness on current system types/flavors: They appear to have taken a big leap in beating the LSM Simulcast P25 issues. All the GPS crappola, app to your phone blah blah blah's... Big whoopety doodah! Does either of them do conventional DMR? Conventional NXDN? LTR Passport, MultiNET, NET? Trunked DMR? Trunked NXDN? No.

As far as systems/flavors go, the Unidens use the exact same old technology that you guys are dissing in GRE/Whistler... Imagine that! I am going to watch and wait for the first new[/B pure Whistler scanners which should be teasing us within a year or so. I waited years for the first EDACS scanners, first multiple trunking, first true P25 scanners. First 380 MHz, 700 MHz capables. I can wait another year or so to see just what Whistler pops out.

How hard is that for the rest of yas?
:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

What an asshat you are :D

KC0CSE

You guys fit the definition of insane.. Do same thing over and over expecting different results. You all already know what the 6 that are coming out this year are. You know they are what GRE already had out or in advanced R&D/Pre-Production. Yet you keep going off in dreamland about fantasy junk. How many times do you have to be told that the scanners coming out in March are the PRO-106/PSR-500 up thru the PSR-800/900 and PRO-18 lines for digital, and an analog? The Whistler re packaged/branded GRE PSR-800/900's do Phase II P25, and you all already know this. The new Unidens have only one real advantage as far as usefulness on current system types/flavors: They appear to have taken a big leap in beating the LSM Simulcast P25 issues. All the GPS crappola, app to your phone blah blah blah's... Big whoopety doodah! Does either of them do conventional DMR? Conventional NXDN? LTR Passport, MultiNET, NET? Trunked DMR? Trunked NXDN? No.

As far as systems/flavors go, the Unidens use the exact same old technology that you guys are dissing in GRE/Whistler... Imagine that! I am going to watch and wait for the first new[/B pure Whistler scanners which should be teasing us within a year or so. I waited years for the first EDACS scanners, first multiple trunking, first true P25 scanners. First 380 MHz, 700 MHz capables. I can wait another year or so to see just what Whistler pops out.

How hard is that for the rest of yas?
:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:[/QUO

have a great day...I'm playing nice...

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Careful with "colorful metaphors" to quote Spock... They can get you in hot water on the forums..... And if I am an AH to just to cut to the chase, and remind folks of facts, then yay me. And you don't have to put any GRE up against mine, I am an old school GRE fan. GRE beat Uniden to most of the biggest punches in scanning each and every time. Here is to hoping now that Whistler is rolling, they can not only catch up, but put themselves ahead in the game. I have had only 2 Uniden manufactured scanners that I was happy with performance wise versus over 12 GRE manufactured ones. And the only one that beat them both hands down for covering the air band was an old Sony... Kinda wish they were still in the game too, just to keep things jumping!

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
It seems to me that the ones doing all the "gibberjabber" are LlScanner101 and Milf.

You know what they say about those who speak the loudest ....

SCPD

QRT
Tease

I was told in March,from an undisclosed source !

PSR=600 is ws1065

PSR-900 is ws 1095

They look sexy in black! save yer pennies for the WS1095,phase 2 and no hiss!

Last edited:

cookmaster

Tease

Now I am wondering when Whistler will release the WS 1095 or the re-badge PSR 800,I have seen early March,and I have seen late March,did your source say when in March? Then there is another report that says the WS 1095 or the re-badge PSR-800 will not be release until the Second quarter of this year,like Mid June!!!

SCPD

QRT
said.

Now I am wondering when Whistler will release the WS 1095 or the re-badge PSR 800,I have seen early March,and I have seen late March,did your source say when in March? Then there is another report that says the WS 1095 or the re-badge PSR-800 will not be release until the Second quarter of this year,like Mid June!!!

Said Beginning to mid March

all I know I want the Whistler PSR-900 now!

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any ideas if they have "improved" simulcast reception in the new unit(s) much like Uniden has done ?

If they have... I'll jump on the predecessor to the GRE500 (Pro-106).

I just got the BCD436HP and it truly is improved over the Pro-106 (GRE500). But I still prefer the look , style and layout of the GRE built units. Plus, I'm already familiar with their operation and the software packages for them.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Have any Whistler rep's ID'd themselves in the forums as of yet?

Not as yet, but I think we may know who it is now......

This post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...attempt-restart-gre-business.html#post1838193

This post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/278426-gre-whistler-employees-2.html#post2092004

and a post on Whistler's facebook page from a couple of hours ago:

"Meet Wayne, our on-site expert of all thing scanner. Be on the lookout for him in the Whistler booth at the 2014 Scanner Shows!"

https://www.facebook.com/WhistlerGroup?ref=br_tf

cookmaster

Tease

Thanks a lot K2rty for the verification on the release dates,I am interest in buying a WS1095& a Re- badge PSR-800 to add to my Radio Shack of Radios.

SCPD

QRT
gre 800 whister

here u go

oddly some of the analog ones aappear on the website already.some say coming soon.

Last edited:

trunker

Yep, In the owner's manual for the WS1040 they link to on their website, they mention cloning it to the WS1065, so I guess that will be appearing soon also.

Where is the link to the manual? I didn't see it anywhere on their site.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
So did anyone download it so they can share?

When I saw it, it was almost exactly the same as the RS PRO-106 manual, (same formatting, fonts, layout, etc.) just the logos and brand name were changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.