Is Whistler teasing us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
i just saw the update on their facebook page. looks like they're gettin closer!

Yep, In the owner's manual for the WS1040 they link to on their website, they mention cloning it to the WS1065, so I guess that will be appearing soon also.

bkantor

Ah, the old Pro-106/500 got some new clothes! Glad to see some competition coming back (although I am lusting the 486/586 in a big way!!).

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
All 5/6 of the Whistlers should be hitting shelves by the end of March. Glad to see them do teasers of 2 of them.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

W8RMH said:
bkantor said:
Ah, the old Pro-106/500 got some new clothes! Glad to see some competition coming back (although I am lusting the 486/586 in a big way!!).

What are the 486/586?

Correction: that should be the new Uniden BCD-436HP handheld and BCD-536HP mobile/base scanners.

Last edited:

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
They are the re-branded GE models of course. But I wonder if they are leff over stock, or if Whistler is actually into manufacturing/production with these scanners ?

If Whistler is in full blown production, I sure hope they will some out with a new and upgraded line soon.

Uniden seems to have, at least, improved simulcast reception, and I really hope Whistler will do the same.

lep

Wrong!

Read this.

You are correct. [This is actually my home town but it has been many years since I lived there. The last time I visited Highway US 71 was about only road I recognized]

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
They are the re-branded GE models of course. But I wonder if they are leff over stock, or if Whistler is actually into manufacturing/production with these scanners ?

If Whistler is in full blown production, I sure hope they will some out with a new and upgraded line soon.

Uniden seems to have, at least, improved simulcast reception, and I really hope Whistler will do the same.

I meant GRE, not GE. I was typing too fast. The option to edit the post was gone. Sorry.....

budevans

I looked at the manual but saw no ware that says it will TDMA 1 & 2 , did I miss something?:)

I doubt it. From the information provided so far, it appears to be a rebadged PRO-106. Nothing new indicated. I wonder what price range they are contemplating?

A five year old design won't compete with the new Unidens at the same price point.

Let's hope that Whistler announces some new radio's that address LSM and Phase II.

sprite1741

I hope Whistler has some other retailers lined up since Radio Shack is closing another 500 stores.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
You guys fit the definition of insane.. Do same thing over and over expecting different results. You all already know what the 6 that are coming out this year are. You know they are what GRE already had out or in advanced R&D/Pre-Production. Yet you keep going off in dreamland about fantasy junk. How many times do you have to be told that the scanners coming out in March are the PRO-106/PSR-500 up thru the PSR-800/900 and PRO-18 lines for digital, and an analog? The Whistler re packaged/branded GRE PSR-800/900's do Phase II P25, and you all already know this. The new Unidens have only one real advantage as far as usefulness on current system types/flavors: They appear to have taken a big leap in beating the LSM Simulcast P25 issues. All the GPS crappola, app to your phone blah blah blah's... Big whoopety doodah! Does either of them do conventional DMR? Conventional NXDN? LTR Passport, MultiNET, NET? Trunked DMR? Trunked NXDN? No.

As far as systems/flavors go, the Unidens use the exact same old technology that you guys are dissing in GRE/Whistler... Imagine that! I am going to watch and wait for the first new[/B pure Whistler scanners which should be teasing us within a year or so. I waited years for the first EDACS scanners, first multiple trunking, first true P25 scanners. First 380 MHz, 700 MHz capables. I can wait another year or so to see just what Whistler pops out.

How hard is that for the rest of yas?
:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.