Is Yakima County Sheriff Office new radios switching to digital mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanYak

Feed Provider
YSO's new radios have digital capability using NXDN. On December 3rd they switched to the digital mode for 24 hours apparently for testing however they have remained in analog mode for the remainder of December. Does anyone know of their plans to switch to digital permanently?

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
YSO's new radios have digital capability using NXDN. On December 3rd they switched to the digital mode for 24 hours apparently for testing however they have remained in analog mode for the remainder of December. Does anyone know of their plans to switch to digital permanently?
Everyone's going digital. It's just a matter of time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
RR has changed them to NXDN.
Made me think they already have.
Are the analog freqs still active (1/1/19)?

One thought - if they spent the $$ on new radios, it's only a matter of time.

RBMTS

So are they full time NXDN or are they mostly analog? We received a submission back in December that they moved to NXDN digital. I'd like to have the DB correct. Do I need to change them back to their original analog settings and make a note that they are testing NXDN?

ScanYak

Feed Provider
I have submitted a change for the Yakima Sheriff DB to reflect the current analog tone setting used for the Sheriff frequencies while they are testing NXDN.

RBMTS

I moved them back to analog and made a note of the NXDN testing.

Cameronkc7itp

Premium Subscriber
I've heard them using both modes in the past few days. Mostly analog, but on occasion they have randomly been using NDXN.

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Exciting, finally some more digital in the area. It's been 4 months since their 24-hour test in December. I was ready for the switch with BCD436HP, SDS100, and DSDPlus. Wish they would have gone with P25 instead of Kenwood NDXN. Less $$.

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
That is cool, any hearsay on if PD is going to follow suite? Waiting for Chelan/Douglas public safety to get more digital, probably won't happen, so far its only business.

Cameronkc7itp

Premium Subscriber
Based on what I know, YPD has no plans to go digital yet. I suppose though as they say....its only a matter of time. Local agencies around us, such as the Yakama Nation PD and Toppenish PD have gone digital.

ScanYak

Feed Provider
A follow up to Yakima County Sheriff switching from analog to digital radio. On April 15th they switched over to the new digital NDXN system. A few short weeks later they switched back. I contacted Chief Civil Deputy of the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office to ask what was the status is on the new system. His response was partially as follows:

"The digital testing was an overall improvement in most areas of the county, however, we experienced a lack in coverage within certain areas of the county where we normally would have coverage with analog. There were some safety concerns after a couple of incidents we decided it was best to switch back over to analog until these issues could be figured out. "

Status
Not open for further replies.