Isabella County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Night fell and am picking up also the Mt. Pleasant tower 853.475
TG 13147 mentioned out with a car at a campus parking lot - CMU PD as noted in comment 20.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ron for all of your help.

I'm still a little confused on these TG. ( ID's). Are they Freq's or ???

Any help

They are not freqs. Talkgroups are to a trunked system what channels are to a conventional system. (Many people still call them channels, since to the users, the difference is moot.)

Each radio on the system has an ID number assigned, in the format of XYYZZZZ. X is the MPSCS region, YY is the radio's "home" county, and ZZZZ is a sequential number. 9 is a fake MPSCS region, to accommodate more radios in high density areas.

Sent via Tapatalk

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Credit here goes gpmorris62

Now its a matter of finding out who else in Isabella joins in.
Certainly if you see an emergency vehicle check if they have a smaller antenna now.

They all have been added to the database plus many more he found west of Isabella.

Last edited:

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
TG 13186 just popped up with radio testing. Tribal Police offered up a radio test, but I'll wait to see what else shows up.

mikey60

Each radio on the system has an ID number assigned, in the format of XYYZZZZ. X is the MPSCS region, YY is the radio's "home" county, and ZZZZ is a sequential number. 9 is a fake MPSCS region, to accommodate more radios in high density areas.

One additional note. Radio IDs ending in an Odd number are mobiles and Radio IDs ending in an Even number are preps/handheld radios.

Mike

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
TG 13187 with Isabella radio ID. I just caught the tail end of a transmission, so there will be more waiting to see what happens next.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Got a few hits still on 155.49 107.2 pl. Maybe a few cars havent had new radios installed?

Last edited:

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Ron, the station on 155.490, 107.2PL that I'm getting is Muskegon Central Dispatch. Mt. Pleasant City Police had been dispatched on 154.875 for some time now. By the way, I'm still hearing DMR bursts on 154.875, but no DMR transmissions yet. I stand corrected, a DMR transmission just occurred; so are the MPSCS transmissions patches?

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah the 155.490 ones they were just a couple quick and short items didn't I.D. themselves. Your probably correct Im sure. What I get for having an outside antenna!

I guess first thing I would try is if a patch, if which one comes on first is the original and the one that is slightly delayed is the patch. That's what I found when bay county did their digital patch for MSP prior to going digital. Way Midland is working MSP as well.

Other item is if you see the cars, do they have the short 800 MHz antennas and not the longer VHF ones. Or vice-versa.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
I think that the fact DMR is still running on the VHF frequencies should suggest that the MPSCS talkgroups are patches, although each unit has a unique RID; unlike the Midland Co. TG 1257, which has the same RID no matter what unit is transmitting. By the way, Isabella Co. Fire Dispatch never did go to DMR, possibly to maintain the ability of Fire Rescue to communicate with MMR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.