Isabella County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Every agency that has shown up on MPSCS seem to be the ones that went to DMR on VHF. There has been no sign of Isabella Co. Fire yet on 800 Mhz. When MMR communicates with Fire Rescue or Central Dispatch; they do so on VHF, not MPSCS.

Last edited:

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
TG 13185- Heard a mention of "37MICTECH", and something not having an adapter attached. Isabella RID. Possibly Radio Techs. PROCOMM is right in Mt. Pleasant. I've seen a mobile unit of theirs dressed up almost like a law enforcement vehicle, with lights and large "PROCOMM" graphics. Do all other counties have a "MICTECH" talkgroup?

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
One of the things to take to all agencies in the state is the sheer cost of digital radios. I recall talking to a Bay City pd officer and he said they were told their portables cost $3500 a piece!
Also another flint twp fireman says they limit their radios due to that same high cost. Essentially chiefs, assistant chiefs, the trucks for sure so then beyond that?

Can understand then why most of the rural counties generally pd are digital and fire volunteers stay vhf.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
That's true, but I haven't heard an Isabella Fire talkgroup pop up yet. Counties such as Montcalm & Osceola still dispatch on VHF, but they also have MPSCS talkgroups.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
TG 13187-Heard 2 units on "TAC"-County TAC2?. Units were discussing some channels being patched together next weekend. Later, unit 39-6 was told to run his traffic through G-EVENT10. Isabella LEIN & G-EVENT10 linked together.

Last edited:

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
I wonder how Isabella County taxpayers feel about their law enforcement agencies switching radio systems twice in 2 months?

On second thought, the vast majority don't even know.

Last edited:

RayAir

I have a BCD996T. I just did all the Firmware updates.

I have the ARC Butell and RR membership.

I heard from some local people in town that the freq's have around here have gone encrypted. I'm starting to wonder because my scanner is getting very quiet lately.

Just today a 3 car accident happened and I saw 2 cops pull out of the station with lights and talking on the radio. I heard nothing!!!!

So was wondering if anybody else heard anything???

Does anybody have BAYANET freq's?????

MotoTRBO update for Isabella County:
Monitored early this morning about 0200.

At least these 2 frequencies are part of a Capacity Plus TRBO system licensed to Isabella County:

Color code: 10

Talk group: 214
Bad news: TG 214 encrypted with Enhanced Privacy.

My software seem to indicate that there are 5 channels on this Cap+.

I was receiving the above system from northern Oakland County. It was coming in at S1-S2. I was using the scanner antenna on my car.

I'll have to check for other talk groups some other night.

I also received DMR from Gratiot, Clare, and Shiawassee.

RayAir

And 155.130 was coming in at S5. It showed up as DMR Conventional repeater. Not Cap+.

Color code 10 CACH beacons received, but no voice calls heard.

RayAir

FCC license says frequencies on the Cap+ system are used for public safety and coordinating fire fighting personnel. So looks like the reason you're not hearing any fire calls on the MPSCS in Isabella is that they are on this DMR TRS or their own DMR system.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Isabella County Fire is still largely on NFM. Dispatch is through 3 towers on 154.235, each with different PL tones. East tower is 156.7PL, West tower is 136.5PL, and South tower is 107.2PL.
Tribal Fire is on 159.165NFM, 245 DPL. Sherman Twp. has a FG channel on 155.835NFM, although they are also licensed for DMR on that frequency. Deerfield Twp. and Shepherd Fire have DMR FG channels.

RayAir

Isabella DMR

I was through Mt Pleasant today and stopped to try to get Soaring Eagle's Cap+ system. Unfortunately all TGs on their system run Enhanced Privacy.

There appears to be a County or city Cap+ system in Isabella. I'm not sure if it was the county sheriff or Mt Pleasant police. But its a 5 channel, 10 talk path system. I got 4 of the frequencies:
All are color code 9 and the only TG that kept coming up was TG 214 ( Enhanced Privacy enabled)

As I think I noted before on here, 155.130 showed DMR (repeater) not a Cap+ and the voice I captured on that before was again, encrypted.

There is another Cap+ system that came back to CMU. Two of those frequencies that I caught ( there may be more) were:
No voice heard, but received CACH indicating color code 12 and RAS.

A couple other frequencies I captured in Mt Pleasant were also part of unidentified Cap+ systems in the area:
451.125 color code 4
151.025 color code 7

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Ray_Air,

The 5th frequency you are probably looking for is 159.210, which was the old LEIN channel before the switchover.
154.875 was the old County Primary channel, and 156.180 was the Road Commission channel.
As for the CMU DMR, 155.82 was the Maintenance channel, so you would probably find CMU Maintenance on that DMR system.
The 151.025 frequency would be Clare County Road Commission.
Isabella County Law Enforcement is on MPSCS. I don't know if they have links into the DMR system.
I hope this helps,

-Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.