iScan FAQ wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
With all the questions floating around the forums about the iScan software (the proprietary software used by the Pro-107 and the soon to be released PSR-700), it appears that a wiki article devoted to it would be useful. Everything is on the table; installation, programming tricks, how to apply the rebanding changes, and more...

There's already some stuff in the 2 scanner's wiki articles, but it should be more centralized, perhaps in a FAQ style, for easy reference

Anyone game? This could even be done in Word, then a macro can be used to change the Word doc into MediaWiki coding. I doubt there would be many graphics, so it should be a snap to convert once everything is documented

73 Mike

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
If anyone would like to put the article together for the Wiki, I can take care of the coding and formatting for you.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since it appears the software for both scanners will be identical, i've taken the tips and stuff that was in the PSR-700 article and made it an independent article - here's the link...

IScan Installation and Tips - The RadioReference Wiki

I'll bind this article to the Object Oriented Software article, and make the Pro-107 and PSR-700 articles point to it. The rest, as they say, is up to YOU. If someone were to scan the RS and software forums for all the tips, problems and how to fix them and so on, that would be a good start.

73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.