iSCAN software won't install!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4EMJ

I have a Windows 7 laptop, and I just opened up a brand new PRO-18 and tried to install the software it came with and no luck. Restarted my PC and tried again.. no luck. Keep getting error messages. Any advice?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would be helpful if you can state what the error messages were - also, did you install as an administrator? Many programs require that with Win7

best regards..Mike

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
As Mike pointed out, make sure your administrator when you install the software. You may need to right click and set permission.

KG4EMJ

That fixed it! I just had to right click on the .exe file, and run it as Admin. Then it bypassed the security settings and let it install. Thanks!!!

I haven't been able to hear State Police for years.. they are coming in crystal clear on this radio! It sounds like the troopers are actually in the room with us. Wow.

w2xq

Mentor
Not applicable in your case, but for those who install but cannot run programs in Windows 7 or Vista, try the XP compatibily. Right click the icon (or in the Windows menu) and select (in Win7) the first entry for "Troubleshooting..."

Status
Not open for further replies.