iScan vs. EZscan software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxradio2003

Hi,

Just for fun, I downloaded the EZscan software for their PSR700 and tried it on my Pro-107. It works! I know that some folks have been looking for a copy of their Pro-107 iScan software (perhaps lost or never had it).

Anyway, the software works the same except if you attempt to download the radio firmware. If you attempt a firmware upgrade using the EZscan, it will not update the radio. No harm done though because you go back and update the firmware using the iScan software as before.

---dxradio
:cool:

david342295

I tried this GRE software, but do you think you could store V-Scanner Folders with it too?

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
I tried this GRE software, but do you think you could store V-Scanner Folders with it too?

Well... Have you actually gone and tried? Have you actually tried reading any V-Scanner files made with the RS version? I'm only asking because you claim to have already `tried' the GRE version of the software and if so it should follow that trying to at least read the I-Scan V-scanner files would have been part of the trial. (*I* suspect that *if* there were any problems they *might* be centred around directory and file names and possibly file formatting for the most part.)

As for any other problems with the PSR-700 software VS the PRO-107...

Oh, obligatory `disclaimer': I own a PSR-700 *not* a PRO-107 because I felt it better to wait for it. (BE&W GRIN!}

dxradio2003

iScan

Hi,

I haven't tried the v-folders, but I suspect that would have to be written into the firmware to allow it to function. When I get a chance, I'll try it and see what happens.

I bought my Pro-107 (over the PSR700) for several reasons and I am very happy with it as I suspect you probably are.

Still, the EZscan software is a nice additional back-up for a fantastic radio.

---dxradio

david342295

Hi,

I haven't tried the v-folders, but I suspect that would have to be written into the firmware to allow it to function. When I get a chance, I'll try it and see what happens.

I bought my Pro-107 (over the PSR700) for several reasons and I am very happy with it as I suspect you probably are.

Still, the EZscan software is a nice additional back-up for a fantastic radio.

---dxradio

I finally got to try the V-Scanner Folder part of the EZ Scan-SD software today. It allows you to save and load different V-Scanner Folders and writes it to the SD card as well. But, as you mentioned, the firmware in the Pro-107 doesn't list an option on the menu to load the V-Scanner Folders that you saved to the SD card.

Let me know when you try it out if you find anything else out about this.

I am very happy with the Pro-107's performance and features and also prefer it over the PSR-700.

dxradio2003

iScan vs EZscan

Hi,

I found the same results, however, I never used the v-scan portion on my other scanners, so I don't miss it.

The Pro-107 is awesome. I like the button lay-out better and the case finish better than the PSR700. I guess it is just a matter of taste.

Still the Pro-107 at the price I paid (169.00) was nice.

---dxradio

david342295

You got a very good price on the Pro-107. I just paid 199.99 + tax at the local Radio Shack a few days ago.

I do use the V-Scanner Folders on the Pro-106 sometimes when traveling to different states. Some people use it to store different profiles of the radio's configuration.

On the Pro-107, a Wild Card was added to a System so I can find new talkgroups. When the Pro-107 stops on the Wild Card, it reads out the Talkgroup ID correctly. I cannot figure out how to store the talkgoup as a new channel to the Pro-107. I've tried going thru the menus, choosing save, but it just doesn't add it, not even to the Playlist 1. This can be done on the Pro-106 however. Is there a way to do this on the Pro-107 without manually writing down the talkgroup ID, going back to the software, entering the new talkgoup into the System, then saving it back to the SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.