ISF Northern Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddogdecker

Dekalb County has switch to what they are calling ISF does anyone know what that could be? I thought maybe State Plan A any thoughts would be great.

W9NES

maddogdecker, thanks for your post and your question. After doing a search for you on the RR data base Dekalb County is still on regular VHF frequencies. I also found Dekalb County (17) also has talkgroups set up for them on Safe-t for Police, Fire, EMS, along with Garrett Police and Fire. Hope this info helps you out.

maddogdecker

Dekalb county uses there safet but right now that is down along with the repeater and they said to switch to isf. I never heard of this before. I have updates I need to send in the database. I have a feeling that when dekalb goes to central dispatch they will use the safet for every department. Like garrett & auburn because only the sheriff is full time on there along with fire and ems.

W9NES

maddogdecker, You might check 155.130 as this is called Plan A. I have never heard of this being called anything elese than Plan A. You also might check 155.610 as this is also called Plan B. Please advise, Thank You.

maddogdecker

W9NES I think they just turned off the repeater and used there vhf 155.490 as is with no repeater. They are back using the SafeT along with vhf and the repeater. But thanks for the info I will keep 155.610 in my book.

W9NES

Steve, Glad I could help. I did see the old 155.490 listed. A very long time back before EDACS was used in Hamilton County/Carmel area 155.490 was a repeater for Carmel PD. They still might be using it for car to car traffic only.

Daniel

Steve,

In regards to Dekalb County referencing "ISF" they are referring to Indiana Sheriff's Frequency also known as "Plan A".

154.890 Car-Base
155.130 Base-Car/Car-Car

Just another name for the same thing.

Dan

Daniel

Also when Dekalb announces Code 14 it means they are either turning the repeat function off and it becomes a semi-duplex mode of 155.490 Base-Car/Car-Car 154.950 Car-Base or renabling the repeater of 155.490 Out/154.950 IN

Dan

W9NES

Daneil, Thanks for the post. I have never heard Plan A 155.130 Base to car and 154.890 car to base called ISF in Central Indiana.

Daniel

Probabily a Northern Indiana thing although alot of counties over the years never or hardly ever referred to it that way. Individual dispatchers always had their own lingo. Been scanning since 1976 so heard alot of things and seen alot of changes over the years and have forgotten just as much. Dekalb and sometimes Noble individual dispatchers over the years have referred to it as ISF but maybe the next one would call it Plan A!

Just as with Plan B the actual frequencies are as you quoted 155.61/155.85. This was widely used in Elkhart County up here for example. I have heard over the years the term "Plan B" be used in reference to an agency's primary or secondary channel in addition to that agency having Plan A also, even though it was not the155.610/155.850pair. An example of this years ago was Huntington County's 155.055 long before it was a repeater as they use to refer to it as Plan B as they also had and used the actual Plan A pairs too.

Of course there was Plan C also although it was not used as much 155.700/154.830. Steuben use/used this pair but I don't remember them calling it Plan C.

Miss the fact in a way, that you could have a four channel scanner in most rural areas and monitor all law enforcement traffic minus ISP with the Plan A or B pairs, Point and ILEEN!

Before I bore the crowd here probabily enough talking about yesteryear.

Dan

W9NES

Daniel, No problem.I remember when Speedway Police was on 155.700 with no repeater listening to them back when they were on VHF during the 500 race. Used to hear all the trouble in the parking lot at the White Castle and 16Th and Georgetown Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.