ISICS P25 P2 TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaKidd

Does the TDMA need to be enabled in the systems. or ISICS P25 P2 by itself enabled? A stupid question I am sure, but a quick answer for a newbie.

NVAGVUP

Feed Provider
Far too broad of a question. Are you talking system level (Infrastructure/hardware, licensing, etc) Are you asking why Phase 2 vs Phase 1?

Are you referencing what a scanner/monitor/field user needs to apply for settings?

DaKidd

Yes, sorry about that. Let see, a SDS 200, was looking at RR saying modulation was TDMA. Looking at Polk county, in Iowa. See they are using ISICS Project 25 Phase II. When I click on that, and look down there list, and find Polk County - Des Moines Talkgroups I want to import that. I see there modulation is labeled as T in the mode area I think meaning TDMA. Now when I import that do I need to select or change the system to P25 X2 TDMA instead of the P255 Standard. Really am confused at this point, sorry if I make you guys to.....

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Now when I import that do I need to select or change the system to P25 X2 TDMA instead of the P255 Standard.
X2-TDMA was a proprietary Motorola version of TDMA, and is not the same as the P25 Phase II TDMA standard. X2-TDMA is effectively dead, there are no known systems running that modulation anymore.

Use P25 Standard for any flavor of P25 system...Phase I, Phase II...doesn't matter.

DaKidd

Thanks for the reply, really a newbie hear, but trying to do it myself with little knowledge. Saves time going through many times on same system to import. Was making harder than needed I see....

Status
Not open for further replies.