ISICS Tower Site Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a map of the ISICS tower site like the one in the pic from the DPS website? I’d like to be able to zoom in more and actually read the names of the towers. By the time I zoom in on this one very much the words get very distorted and unreadable. Thanks!5EB7EABA-23E7-425B-9FA4-2057A46DF5C9.jpeg

I have looked at that one before and use it the most it seems to missing some sites though. Like the one on the Lucas State office building I see it is missing. Which is weird to me it’s not on there.

ltginrage

I can make one for you guys. I'll probably have it done by tomorrow night if not sooner

Here is a better screenshot than the one I took on my phone. The sites that really interest me is how this map shows so many sites around Des Moines and how all of the other maps I have found seem to be lacking those sites. Looks like there are several sites in Polk and Dallas county. I'd like to be able to see the names of the sites but the image is too blurry to read all of them. The one at JFHQ is the only one I can make out.Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 2.07.25 PM.png

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
It's a simulcast "site" which is why maps mostly show it as one site. This most recent map you posted shows the backhaul path which is why it shows individual RF or microwave hop sites.

VASCAR2

If you go to the database for ISICS click on the DeMoines Simulcast site. A page will show the individual simulcast sights. There is a description or address for each site and a abbreviation for the structure, Tank, Tower, Building or other tall structure. Below the map list the frequencies and the gps longitude and latitude coordinates for each site. You can copy the long/lat into google earth and look at the sight. Many times you can see the individual antennas and microwave dishes using the street view.

Here is a link to the page I was referencing.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Here is a better screenshot than the one I took on my phone. The sites that really interest me is how this map shows so many sites around Des Moines and how all of the other maps I have found seem to be lacking those sites. Looks like there are several sites in Polk and Dallas county. I'd like to be able to see the names of the sites but the image is too blurry to read all of them. The one at JFHQ is the only one I can make out.View attachment 104484
Des Moines likely has a higher grade of service requirement since it is an urban area. They probably have a portable radio on-street / light structure requirement, whereas the state's grade of service requirement is mobile on street coverage - a requirement that can be met with fewer tower sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.