Island Lake PD - any updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattt1986

Premium Subscriber
Hello, new member here and also new Island Lake resident. I have been browsing around on the topic of scanning the Island Lake PD. Nobody seems to know where they went, and haven't seen any discussion on the topic in 3 or 4 months.

One note on the Lake County EDACS page says "Island Lake PD reportedly using digital mode on the Lake County EDACS TRS and cannot be decoded with a scanner." How realistic is this? I understand EDACS Aegis (digital) has horrible voice quality.

Topic bump!

freqgeek2

I have been monitoring the Wauconda talk groups quite extensively, and I have only been hearing Wauconda PD, Lakemoor PD, and Tower Lakes.
Last I heard, Island Lake was using low power radios on the Lake County Sheriff’s System?

ilgrant

@Rich - that was Tower Lakes...not Island Lake. (message 46429 on the CARMA board)

@Matt - Last word that I read was that Island Lake is running digital on the Lake County EDACS system.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Right . . . Wauconda (8100), Tower Lakes (8400) and Lakemoor (8500) currently dispatched by Wauconda on SC21.

However, last Friday, 19 October, at about 17:30 CDT, I heard an 8200 unit (8293) testing on the main dispatch talkgroup . . . he said he was inside Kemper.

So, given that 8200 units are Island Lake (from Rich's county profile), and there's a Kemper Valve & Fittings at Darrel & Burnett Rds. in Island Lake, one must conclude that soon we will be hearing Island Lake on the Wauconda SC21 system!

Status
Not open for further replies.